Vernal Phosphate mine

Ticks N Tines

Very Active Member
Does anybody have any idea where the ?Phosphate? mining land is near Vernal? A guy I know keeps talking about the Mine land boundary, but I'm not sure what he is talking about. I think he is near the Red Cloud Loop area.
Can anyone help me out with a map or some boundary description?
Thanks,
HJB

The phosphate mine is about halfway between Steinaker reservoir (just North of Vernal) and the turnoff to the Red Cloud Loop. The mine owns the land on both sides of the highway and their boundaries are well marked. There are lots of deer and elk on their property. We like to pull off and look at them just before dark.

It is owned by Simplot Phosphates LLC now. The area is a traditional wintering grounds for the deer and elk herds there, so yeah you can see a lot of deer and elk on the property.

HOOK 'EM!

Why? You cannot hunt it.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

UGA,
No he hasn't,but I did see him sneak over it once:D

[font color = red size = red size = 10 face ="face"]TAKE NOTE:MY SIGNATURE WON'T PLEASE EVERYBODY SO DON'T EVEN READ BELOW IF YOU'RE EASILY OFFENDED BY EVERYDAY BS ON MM[/font]

UGA - I plead the fifth!! VJ may have been watching me once or twice from the face of Taylor though!! LOL

Truthfully - no. I have been up to the fence and all along it several times though! I do also know a couple of old boys who have since migrated on to greener pastures who knew where the fence was down in the bottom of one of the canyons there and did give it a try on horses. It was the roughest cob of a canyon they had ever been in. Talk about a "Crap Creek" experience. They were surrounded by elk though - all 1000 feet above them up sheer rock walls on the top of the canyon. There were places where they saw the elk had gone up though - up slopes so steep and trails so thick the horses wouldn't try it. When they made it out they decided a fence around that place was probably a good thing and never tried it again.

Also, when they were coming out one of their buddies with a spotlight and a red handkerchief made them think twice about ever trespassing again!

HOOK 'EM!

I once heard of a couple kids going in there. Bugling bulls were all around them, but there was not enough stones between the two to shoot one! I've always thought it was a neat place. The National Forest elk sure knew where that fence was, and they would bail in there on opening morning.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom