Vernon Deer Tag Draw Opportunity

Founder

Founder Since 1999
Wanted to let you all know that the application period for 5 Vernon Deer Tags is open. Here's another chance to throw your name into another draw for a good deer tag. I'd like to have one of these tags. It's a pretty good unit that produces a few real slugs every year.

I'll be tossing in a few bucks for my chances, what about you? You going to take advantage of this opportunity?

Apply Here for Vernon Deer Tags!

Some Details:
  • $10 per hunt application. Each applicant may apply for all 5 vouchers.
  • Vouchers are completely transferable. Each applicant eligible to draw any and all vouchers they apply for.
  • No age limitations to apply.
  • Hunter may choose type of weapon - archery, rifle or muzzleloader. Dates are determined by the type of weapon selected. A hunting license and/or hunters safety is NOT required to apply. However, a current license is required to actually hunt.
  • Hunter is responsible for associated permit fees paid to the state of Utah when turning in voucher to obtain permit. Resident $80; Non-resident $468.
  • Hunters with current mule deer tags may still apply.

1584118223629.png

Last edited:
I applied, and I think it is a good deal, but the cost To apply is a little misleading: each voucher you apply for is $10. So if you apply for all 5 vouchers it will cost $50.

If a guy draws one of these landowner tags and also a general season tag, does he have to turn in his general season tag or can he hunt both units in the same year?

If a guy draws one of these landowner tags and also a general season tag, does he have to turn in his general season tag or can he hunt both units in the same year?

"Hunters with current mule deer tags may still apply."

I assume this means you can have 2 deer tags?

Does the money go towards any conservation or is it just a way for someone to make a bunch of money like SFW ?

smokepoll - I know Tony posted a link to the odds from last year, but I don't recall what thread it was in.

fishnut - No, these are not conservation tags. They are landowner tags. Tony is putting them in a draw that allows one to have a chance at the tags for $10-$50 as opposed to just selling them for $10k or whatever they go for.

You can not have two buck deer tags in the same year, you will have to turn in your general season tag, or you could just sell the voucher if you win one.

Does the money go towards any conservation or is it just a way for someone to make a bunch of money like SFW ?

Like SFW???? do tell who is making a bunch of money off of SFW?

But to answer your question these are land owner vouchers, so I'm sure they were purchased from the land owners at "X" amount of $dollars, any money they make over the cost of the vouchers will go to whoever is running the raffle.

Its another opportunity to draw a Limited Entry deer tag that takes over a decade to draw. You either play or you don't.

Hello MMers. The application deadline is June 15th at 11:59 pm. I will personally call the names drawn on or before June 20th and when all the people have been notified and verified we will post them to the webpage and to MM just like last year. Last year recipients are posted at www.thebigoutdoors.com. I have a 3rd party running the drawing but I will be present when they do it.

This is not a raffle, Raffles you can apply for as many time as you would like. This you can only apply 1 time per voucher. They are landowner vouchers that are good unit wide. You still must obtain permission to hunt private land.

These vouchers are for hunters choice of season as well as transferable. So whomever is drawn can hunt, sell or give it away. All the rules and regulations are on the website. If we generate more money than the vouchers cost us and our advertising expenses we will look to buy more next year and continue to grow this like we did with last years revenue.

Rest assured I'm certainly not getting rich off of this. My business partners and I are wanting to give more hunting opportunities to people that they would not otherwise have. ZERO opportunity was taken from the public draw, so unless you were willing to pay landowners in excess of $5,500 per voucher you would not have a chance at these.

I wish you all good luck and please tell your friends. This is a great "last chance" to get an awesome hunting experience.

Let me know if any other questions.

Tony Abbott
801-885-1274

Also you are eligible to draw any of the vouchers you put in for if you are that fortunate. So in theory you could draw all 5 if you put in for all 5. Last year we had 10 we did this with. 9 men and 1 woman drew the vouchers. 9 residents and 1 was a non resident. If you are fortunate enough to draw more than 1 voucher you can sell any additional of give them away. Thanks again.

Got my name in the hat 5 times today! It would be pretty cool to draw one. It would be nice to have a bit better Utah hunt lined up than what I have.

As the Utah draw approaches most of us will of not drawn a limited entry permit and maybe not even a general season. So this is a great opportunity to get your name in the hat to increase your odds of drawing something. Good luck to all.

Hello fellas, we are down to the last 11 days to apply for the Vernon Vouchers. Click this link below and those drawn will be contacted and the names posted by June 20th. Thanks

www.thebigoutdoors.com

Tony

It's another great opportunity at a good tag. I'm in for all 5 and hoping I have some luck. It would be a fun hunt.

Well no.. I haven’t put in for the Vernon. However I have worked for a major land owner for 15 years and have never heard them tell anyone no that asked. And know a few more on the south end that have always let people hunt their land.

These vouchers are given to landowners to compensate for deer being on their property. The vouchers are good unit wide as deer know no boundaries and come and go all the time. We purchased these vouchers from the landowners and are giving them away through this application.

Land Owners are not required to allow you on their property unlike the CWMU hunts. SO these 5 vouchers are fully transferable. If you are drawn you can redeem it for yourself, give it away or sell it even.

These vouchers are good for any of the seasons. The person that redeems the voucher specifies what season they would like to hunt.

All Utah big game rules apply. Monday June 15th at 11:59pm the application closes. I will be meeting with the company facilitating the draw Tuesday June 16th. All applicants will be verified and then the draw will take place. There will be an alternate name drawn per voucher in case the name drawn is not valid or unreachable because of wrong information entered.

We will do out best through phone call and email to contact those drawn. As long as the applicant is real and provided information that they can be reached at they will receive the voucher. Once all 5 are contacted the names of those drawn will be posted to our website as well as to MM.

It is possible for the same person to draw more than 1 of these vouchers. In the unlikelihood that happens they will need to give or sell the 2nd voucher to someone of their choice.

All applicants can only apply 1 time per voucher so the odds to draw will be 1 in however many applicants for that voucher there are.

We will also post the drawing odds per voucher for all of you to know once the draw has taken place.

Any further questions please let me know.

The recipients drawn will need to sign for the voucher that they will receive acknowledging that they received it.

Thanks
Tony Abbott
801-885-1274

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom