Vernon rifle

Foutz

Best i have found so far
IMG_20200815_230544_990.jpg
ound so far

Vernon is famous for really big 2 points. Gotta be careful when a bucks 300 yards away and has a big frame. Might end up being the biggest fork horn you ever kill.

Me n wife got tags this year... Looks like its going to be a struggle... Half the state been out there all year... Bucks are few and hard to find...

I'd check some of the less traveled areas, and know it's been hot and the bucks could be treed up.
My experience with the Vernon is that the gene pool seens to throw crab claw fronts and plenty of 2 or 3 point sides. But it's been a good number of years since I've looked at deer out there.
Keep looking and best of luck

Ya it’s famous for the bigs 2 and 3’s, why anyone would should one on a unit that requires as many points as the Vernon to draw is beyond me. There used to be some giants out there. I’m there are one or 2 left but few and far between. That unit has had the crap poached out of it

I have the muzzy tag out there this year and that buck is better than most I have seen. Pretty disappointed in my lack of finding deer out there.

Hunted the Vernon in 2018. Burned 16 NR points on the muzzy tag. Went guided with Austin Davis. There's BIG bucks on the unit. We were chasing a 200"+ buck but I just couldn't connect. Had a legitimate chance at slightly under 200 yds. Did not get a shot off, but not the guides fault.

He ended up getting a rifle hunt client on it. He is pictured with his dad.

This deer's twin was also taken on the unit and had it's picture in a hunting mag.

The group camped next to us shot this big wide 30" deer on the 2nd to last day of the muzzy hunt.

There was another 190+ buck in the same general area as these 3 pictured. So, I hate to bust up your doom-and-gloom, but there are still big deer being taken on the unit.
Big-Bick-R.jpg
HF-Buck-Pic.jpg
Big-Buck-R.jpg
Big-Bick-R.jpg
HF-Buck-Pic.jpg
Big-Buck-R.jpg

Hunted the Vernon in 2018. Burned 16 NR points on the muzzy tag. Went guided with Austin Davis. There's BIG bucks on the unit. We were chasing a 200"+ buck but I just couldn't connect. Had a legitimate chance at slightly under 200 yds. Did not get a shot off, but not the guides fault.

He ended up getting a rifle hunt client on it. He is pictured with his dad.

This deer's twin was also taken on the unit and had it's picture in a hunting mag.

The group camped next to us shot this big wide 30" deer on the 2nd to last day of the muzzy hunt.

There was another 190+ buck in the same general area as these 3 pictured. So, I hate to bust up your doom-and-gloom, but there are still big deer being taken on the unit.View attachment 11934View attachment 11935View attachment 11936View attachment 11934View attachment 11935View attachment 11936
I will take all the help advice i can get...

There are some good bucks it’s just a matter of putting in the time. I was pretty familiar with 2 of the previously posted bucks. 2 years and 100+ days on the unit helps a little in finding a shooter or 2.

There are some good bucks it’s just a matter of putting in the time. I was pretty familiar with 2 of the previously posted bucks. 2 years and 100+ days on the unit helps a little in finding a shooter or 2.

So I burn my 18 points on Vernon, and YOU show me where to find a buck like these?? :cool:

I agree, with some time, you can find some good bucks out there. Its a big unit with lots of hiding places.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom