VERY IMPORTANT FOR AZ RESIDENTS!

A

azhunter79

below is a link to an article in this weeks new times regarding a big wig land developer in the valley. i had never heard of him before but i hate him now. it is especially VERY interesting if you live in the east valley, but should be interesting to everyone on this site. this guy is ultimately going to be responsible for endangering or killing off an entire herd of bighorn sheep, which we all know arent very plentiful anymore. here is hte link, please read it, im interested to hear some feedback. its a little lenghty but well worth it.
http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/issues/current/feature.html/1/index.html

What a bastard! sounds like he has total disregard for anyone but himself. Those are the most dangerous people in the world. Hopefully he gets shown the door. People like that make me sick.

- Hghcountry

bastard is pretty mild. this guy needs a dirt nap. this is sick. only reason for bringing in the goats was to kill off the bighorns. i literally feel sick to my stomach over this. who is this sob and who the hell has been letting him get away with this crap? sounds like some pinal county officials need unelected. don't we have a state attorny general and a governor and few other folks that can do something about this? i guess ol' save the planet janet could have some "strong questions" for him like she did when the gas pipe broke. boy she sure showed those guys. and little terry goddard, now there'a a man for ya. i'm sure he'll get right after this johnson guy. haha. man, i'm sick.

my thoughts exactly! i dont know much about the politics and stuff, but id like to tell this guy what i think. this newspaper is a free publication that not many people read, so im sure itll go unnoticed, but id like to put a copy on the doorstep of all the houses in the communities he owns, if anything to at least let them know that their water is contaminated. HOPEFULLY game and fish or some agency will go after his azz with more than just fines which dont hurt these kinda guys anyway. the man needs to be stripped of land, holdings, money, and put in jail!

Does anyone know if this is the same guy that was talking about buying the Boquillas Ranch a few years ago?

This is the same S.O.B that wants to put a mini-disneyland or something on the south fork of the little colorado, outside of springerville. He wanted to dam the river to create a recreational lake on that tiny trout stream. AND a freakin' petting zoo.

Check out this link

http://www.savesouthfork.org/

We gotta stop this moron.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-26-04 AT 00:33AM (MST)[p]we can see the helicopters flying close to the mountain sides almost daily now, i was'nt sure why until i would hear shots- then i knew. i wrote an article in the future of hunting forum a while back about the pinal county board- it is the same freaking people. they are allowing this because of MONEY. cash talks guys- this anus knows who and what to buy- and who and what to pay off !!!!! he gets away with it because he is paying off people, read about how he got the water rights for his "johnson" city crap- he "loaned" the homeowners association guy 150k, and then he bought the wells for 30k- they were later estimated to be worth 500k minium !!!!! he spent 180k instead of 500k- to him its a bargain. these are the same people that are going to build a "master" city/resort in willow springs ranch- just north of oracle arizona, and catalina arizona- there is already rancho vistoso 15,000 homes, and saddlebrooke 24,000 homes- both major developments right there- so they figure whats one more ? hell 19,000 acres of homes, police depts, fire depts, schools, malls- why not. because the pinal board gave the guy the willow springs land and the keys to build whatever he wants- this guy johnson saw his chance at another "la osa" land grab from pinal county- he is getting it. hey- no sheep- no worries right ????? bulldoze the land flat- no worries- oh wait, a fine- heck the developers will pay that for him- no worries, the az nat guard wants to fly helicopters over this land- no worries- for now. until the government shuts the base down over traffic/noise complaints- then all the guard pilots/employees will be transferred away and no one will be left to live in his homes. the thing that pisses me off the absolute most is this- the state of arizona owned alot of "state trust" here in marana/pinal county- the state of arizona gave this freak grazing rights on "state trust" land. for you all who do not know this- "state trust" land is the land only licensed hunters can use or permitted people can use- it is state land set aside for residents or non residents who have either a hunting license or a state permit to be there- says so right on the big white "state trust" signs posted everywhere "NO TRESSPASSING WITHOUT VALID HUNTING LICENSE". so the state let this guy on our land- our land with bighorn sheep on it, our bighorn sheep that are now dying as a DIRECT result of what this guy has done !!!!! oh yeah i forgot- willow springs ranch is also made up of mostly "state trust" land- and it is also being turned upside down by a developer who got permission from the pinal county board of supervisors, so much for the animals huh. the pinal county board of supervisors can be directly linked to 2 massively planned developments that are going to ruin southern arizona, and the people who live in them will never know they are drinking poopy water, they will never know what animals USED to live there- and how badly those same animals were killed off, they will overrun our roads, our schools, and our rural way of life- for what ? so this guy can make a buck- no !!!!! this guy could'nt carry the jockstrap of a just and legal government- we do not have a just and/or legal government- so guys like him will keep on doing it until they end up under one of thier developments. kinda makes you wonder ?
MICHAEL WAITE, MARANA, AZ.