SOLD $$$ VINTAGE 1976 First Edition -- Sporting Arms of The World

eelgrass

Long Time Member
OutdoorWriter, that reminds me.....I bought a 10 gauge double barreled shotgun back in the early 70's. It said "Made in Italy", on one of the barrels but I can't remember the name of the company that made it. Do you have any idea? Thanks!

OutdoorWriter

Very Active Member
OutdoorWriter, that reminds me.....I bought a 10 gauge double barreled shotgun back in the early 70's. It said "Made in Italy", on one of the barrels but I can't remember the name of the company that made it. Do you have any idea? Thanks!
I'll check the book when I get a minute. Stay tuned.

OutdoorWriter

Very Active Member
Eel,

I can't find any reference to an Italian 10 ga. in that era. There has been slew of gun makers in Italy over the years. Two I canthink of quickly are Berretta and Benelli. Do you recall the brand it went under, i.e like a Browning that was "Made in Italy" as an example?

Ironic, tho, is that I own a an antique Parker 10 ga. made in 1880 that I'm getting ready to sell soon. It was one of only 12 made with 36" barrels.

eelgrass

Long Time Member
Eel,

I can't find any reference to an Italian 10 ga. in that era. There has been slew of gun makers in Italy over the years. Two I canthink of quickly are Berretta and Benelli. Do you recall the brand it went under, i.e like a Browning that was "Made in Italy" as an example?

Ironic, tho, is that I own a an antique Parker 10 ga. made in 1880 that I'm getting ready to sell soon. It was one of only 12 made with 36" barrels.
The manufacturer's name was on the gun but it was not a common name. I think it started with an "F", if I remember right. It was also pretty inexpensive to buy but it was well built. Not fancy or anything. A very little engraving. It weighed something like 11 pounds. I traded it for a deer rifle, a .308, but then I soon gave that to my brother.

I reloaded for the 10 gauge and used full brass cases with a paper over the shot wad. I still have a few empty brass cases. It punished me to shoot it but I used it exclusively for two waterfowl seasons and I hunted a lot back then.

Your Parker is almost priceless. Sorry to see it go.

OutdoorWriter

Very Active Member
The manufacturer's name was on the gun but it was not a common name. I think it started with an "F", if I remember right. It was also pretty inexpensive to buy but it was well built. Not fancy or anything. A very little engraving. It weighed something like 11 pounds. I traded it for a deer rifle, a .308, but then I soon gave that to my brother.

I reloaded for the 10 gauge and used full brass cases with a paper over the shot wad. I still have a few empty brass cases. It punished me to shoot it but I used it exclusively for two waterfowl seasons and I hunted a lot back then.

Your Parker is almost priceless. Sorry to see it go.
That's it! Thanks DG85. I really liked and miss that gun.
Fausti has been around a long time. They've made guns for Cabela's and also did Weatherby's Athena guns. I think Walmart also sold the cheapie variety under the Fausti name for a time.

Re: my Parker

Sadly, it's not in the best of shape, but it's all there & everything works.

PB2.JPG

Last edited:

eelgrass

Long Time Member
Fausti has been around a long time. They've made guns for Cabela's and also did Weatherby's Athena guns. I think Walmart also sold the cheapie variety under the Fausti name for a time.

Re: my Parker

Sadly, it's not in the best of shape, but it's all there & everything works.

View attachment 22376
I bought my Fausti from a Payless Drug store when they had a sporting goods department. Like I said it was solid but not fancy. I see some new Fausti shotguns sell for $70,000 now.

Beautiful gun and wonderful piece of history you have there.

OutdoorWriter

Very Active Member
The Parker was my grandfather's. He came to NJ from Italy in 1913 as a teenager, so I have no idea where he acquired a shotgun that was made 33 years before he arrived. When I was a little shaver, I remember seeing it wrapped in cloth and tucked in the back of an open closet at the top of the attic stairs. I took possession when I went back to NJ for my grandmother's funeral in 1977. Pop was still alive then and didn't die until the early 1990s here in Phoenix when he was 94 yrs. old. During the1960-70s, he was my main hunting partner in AZ. I'll be somewhat sad when I sell it shortly.

Last edited:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Top Bottom