Visible musket cap?

lots2hunt

Sorry for my ignorance as I'm trying to learn muzzleloaders. I've read past threads on Idaho legal muzzleloaders but something I don't understand is with inline muzzleloaders that use musket caps or #11's are they visible? I ask as the Idaho law states, "Is equipped with an ignition system in which any portion of the cap is clearly exposed and visible when the hammer of the weapon is cocked and ready to fire." I'm assuming that the cap is visible as many posts I've seen are using a inline bolt muzzleloader, mostly Knights, but we know what they say about assuming.

Thanks for any help.

I don't know about the Knight's, but my Traditions NW Magnum has a portion of the breech plug that is machined out to expose a portion of the musket cap.

To make them Northwest legal, the various manufacturers simply machine out a notch or hole so it is exposed to the weather. The picture below is the CVA Optima NW Legal rifle, and you can see the hole thru the breech plug.

C6946A4E-2F15-4FB3-86F3-88709EC964C2_1_201_a.jpeg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom