Vortex Diamondback for 338 Win Mag

CCity65

I am looking to change out my scope on my elk rifle and am thinking about a Vortex Diamondback. Any thoughts or suggestions? I have a vortex spotter and binos and like their products. Thoughts? Thank you.

Wow. I just assumed vortex was American made. In the last year I have made a conscious effort to not buy anything from China. While I am sure I have not been 100% successful, I have caught myself numerous times checking a label to see that it was made by the chi-coms and passing. Previously, and sadly, I will admit I did not even bother to check on many day to day purchase
So, do you have any recommendations out of the 3 manufacturers you mentioned. I certainly want to stay under 500, with 300-400 being more desirable..
If I cannot find something decent under 500, I can/will stay with what I have.
Thank you.

What is currently on the rifle? Are you looking for a scope to dial or just a point and shoot? Also what power range?

Ummmm... Athlon is Japan and China. I suspect most good glass in non big three optics is Japanese. I wouldn't buy Vortex at gunpoint. mtmuley

Vortex makes some good stuff. I use Vortex binocular, rangefinder and rifle scope. Swarovski spotting scope. I like them all. I had been using Swarovski SLC binocular, but set them aside last year for the Vortex.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom