Vortex Razor hd spotting scope, reviews please

Riley7/08

I'm looking into the vortex Razor hd 27x60-85 spotting scope, wanting to hear from some people that have them or have used one, thanks for any info

I have the angled version. No complaints here. Image quality is great and low-light performance is pretty good in my opinion.

I really like the huge focusing ring. Makes it very easy to adjust quickly and it comes in handy when you're wearing gloves. I also appreciate the rotating tripod ring. At the range when spotting, I can swing the eyepiece to a horizontal position so that I can look through it without having to stand up.

I have taken it on several archery backpack hunts and it has endured the torture I've put it through so far. Of course, I'm sure you already know about the fantastic warranty.

I have a 85 mm and a 65 mm bought the smaller one for packing. But I almost always have the 85 mm with me all of the time. I use the straight with the Vortex carbon fiber tripod. I can set it up extended all of the way and see threw it just about perfect. I like the straight because I can set my Phonescope on it and step back so others can see the game at the same time. Thought about putting my iPad on it for a bigger screen. Maybe I'll stop by and see Cheston tomorrow and check on that. ?

I have the Gen 1 model and have loved it. My eyepiece lens has gotten pretty scratched over the years and so I sent it in a few months ago and they replaced the whole piece. They definitely take care you. My brother has a Diamondback and there is a significant difference in quality, especially in low-light conditions. That being said, my dad has a Swarovski and there is also a notable difference in low-light conditions between that and my Razor. "Buy the best glass you can afford" is what they say...for the money though I've been very pleased with my Razor.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom