VW?

stinky

LAST EDITED ON Apr-10-19 AT 09:53PM (MST)[p]My daughter is looking at a 2002 VW Beetle. A co-worker is selling it for $1,000.

It has 185K on it and is an auto (which I don't like).

Of the foreign cars, my impression is that the European stuff should be avoided.

What is your impression?
John 14:6

You've got a Daughter that can Drive a Stick?

Good on Both of You!

You can't even Hardly Find a Stick in a Pick-Up anymore!

Nor anybody that can Drive one!

I Don't know much about the Newer Style VW Bugs!

But where you gonna find anything else for 1K?

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

I would stay away from them. A couple of friends of mine had the newer models when they came out and they both had huge electrical issues. One had to have the entire harness replaced, then sold it and the new owner had electrical problems with it again. Also, you don't want your daughter out on the road with nothing between her and a head on collision but a trunk.

The Newer Bugs have the Engine up Front!

But Probably still not much better than a Trunk!

>I would stay away from them.
>A couple of friends of
>mine had the newer models
>when they came out and
>they both had huge electrical
>issues. One had to have
>the entire harness replaced, then
>sold it and the new
>owner had electrical problems with
>it again. Also, you don't
>want your daughter out on
>the road with nothing between
>her and a head on
>collision but a trunk.

I would need to understand more about your Daughter, her age, her needs + her credit rating..etc. Plus, her Personality. I have Three daughters and have been through this.

AS DADDY (DAD) I want to help and even spoil, yet, because I have been around near a Thousand+ Such Dad's, everything becomes so difficult.

If I can answer anything it will be about love and how far it goes until we Dad's need to mold it like Clay Dough.

I placed my Blond daughter in a heavy 3/4th ton suburban. My intellectual daughter in what they could afford + make decisions to buy or walk whilst I bit my tongue.

Therefore I can only offer the above in such a vague Daddy and Daughter topic.

Hugs
Jagerdad

hugs???

you need her credit rating to offer advice on a 2002 vw for $1000 that no one mentioned financing??

catch up on your meds jager.....

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Dear Hugging Homer. I know you troll for such words and I knew Credit Rating would be bate. It is however a solid thing to know, in general, with every child. If they are prone to wasteful spending or to save. Plus, in the right situation, buying a vehicle and making payments can build a credit score.

When I made the post I had just arrived back home from a day of Spring Turkey Hunting. Got a nice one, 3" Beard. Heading out again today. I'll make sure I take some med's just 4 Trolls :)

Hug Dem Turkeys :)

Jagerdad :)

Update for Homer...

I made a gross error in writing above "I" Got a Turkey. I did Not.

Homer, I can hardly walk and i was helping a fellow Monster Muley Member get a Northern California Turkey.

I have never cared to even notice Turkeys. Homer, if you were sitting right now in my living room, you'd hear the Man I helped tell stories of how hard it is to get me OUT of the House in the Mornings.

Today we drove to another friends ranch. He shot another Turkey with a substantial beard, with his Bow. I was suffering so bad with Hay fever + a sinus infection, plus, old, fat and unable to walk yet, He met my friend and a young Border collie was giving birth. So many great life lasting events happen among FRIENDS. Homer, you actually are my friend and yes, he got a great Turkey.

My Body has been modified, for the better. Homer, you may come to my Home and roust me out 24/7/365. I need that or, I will parish.

I love hugs and being Kind to others. Maybe this is why Jesus looked after myself and so many friends.

2 days = 2 Turkeys for a new MM'y man, now friend sitting in my living room.

Jagerdad :) :) :)

Dear Soj51hopefull. Via Homer and his only reply being: OK.

There is never a need to belittle anyone or egg'em on.

Hugging Homer is my Earned method to befriend, Homer as the true man and nice wonderful Man HE IS.

Even if Homer wrote F-Off towards me, I would take it with a grain of Salt. Homer IS; The Salt of our Earth kind of Family Man + Loyal Friend.

Many reading this may understand.

Jagerdad :)

I get it jager, but what goes around comes around. I usually enjoy homer?s responses. But Once in a while he goes just a little too far. So your monicker for him makes me laugh.

Is it a Diesel?

It Just might be a Coal Roller!:D

> Is it a Diesel?
>
>It Just might be a Coal
>Roller!:D
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>I know so many people in
>so many places
>They make allot of money but
>they got sad faces
>
>It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

Take it to the Diesel Brothers. It will be. :D

How about a Chartreuse Microbus?

69450microbus.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Apr-15-19 AT 12:33PM (MST)[p]I think that that is an average price for that many miles. In general, the beetles can have problems. (money pits). Your co-worker may have a good one with less problems.

For $1000 and 185K that is just an OK deal, not a smoking deal. They do look cool though.

If you do buy it verify the timing belt and water pump have been done. This is a interference engine so a broken belt is expensive. Also they have a plastic water pump impeller that often fails and causes immediate over heating leading to head gasket failures. This job will cost you $800+ so figure it in on the cost of the car. I would rather see your daughter in a camry or accord. You would spend more but likely cost you less in the long run.

Desperatehills AKA Tom's Auto Service since 1983

With what happened several years ago with Volkswagen, why would anyone support them? There are so many other car manufacturers that don't cheat their customers....

Steve

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

>Dear Soj51hopefull. Via Homer and his
>only reply being: OK.
>
>There is never a need to
>belittle anyone or egg'em on.
>
>
>Hugging Homer is my Earned method
>to befriend, Homer as the
>true man and nice wonderful
>Man HE IS.
>
>Even if Homer wrote F-Off towards
>me, I would take it
>with a grain of Salt.
>Homer IS; The Salt of
>our Earth kind of Family
>Man + Loyal Friend.
>
>Many reading this may understand.
>
>Jagerdad :)

Evidently there must be two different homers here at monster muley. The one I know would probably face a firing squad than hug anyone here.

2311idiot.jpg

> How about a Chartreuse Microbus?
>
>
>
69450microbus.jpg

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>I know so many people in
>so many places
>They make allot of money but
>they got sad faces
>
>It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

Is she one of the eleven long haired friends of Jesus? mtmuley

My buddies daughter drove one of these fine vehicles and he always said the best day of his life was when he ran over it with a D-10!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom