WA Mule Deer Rut

couesbitten

Anybody have any rut activity to report? I have a late muzzleloader tag that doesn't start until Nov. 20, and I'm hoping to catch the tail end of the rut. I'll be hunting the Kahlotus unit. Thanks, Scott

starting here...here's a nice 4x4 i found the other day with 7 does...gettin' a big ol' neck on him...

P1150683copy.jpg

P1150695.jpg

It's happening on the Desert Unit. Friend took a nice 160+ away from a pod of does he was controlling on Thursday. He had one day to hunt. On Saturday I took his son into the Entiat Valley and he took a 30.5" which was engaging in foreplay, with rut stink all over his legs. Today on our ranch north of Moses Lake, I watched a mature 4 point kick another younger bucks ass away from 4 does he had guarded up, then beat his rack on a Russian Olive tree to proclaim victory. It's getting within one week of the money shot. Last week a different 4 point was trailing does on the ranch head down. Should be about the same in the area your targeting. Start hanging with the skank.

Cb,
my parents home is in the cheney unit, my dad saw a buck on his place yesterday that had a swollen neck and was cruising the area during the day time looking for does.

I don't know about the deer, but I am. My late tag starts in 10 days and I can't stand the wait. I have buddies hunting the Entiat as we speak and they say it has started. It should be starting around Kahlotus any time. There is some great deer out there, good luck on your hunt.

One more week for me until my late hunt begins in the teanaway. I saw a few decent bucks yesterday. Hope to see a few shooters this weekend. Anyone seeing any good bucks up there yet? Also sounds like snow this weekend!!!!!

Hunt opens in the morning, I'm stoked, and I've got some leads on where I might find the kind of buck that I'm looking for. I'm hoping that in the next 3 - 4 days, I'll have some pics to post. Scott

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom