WA Sheep, Goat or Moose

ridgerunner

Very Active Member
Anyone here drawn any of these tags? I'm just thinking about what units I'm going to put in for and always try to gather as much info as possible before doing so.

My wife drew the Lincoln Cliffs bighorn tag back in '97, first year that unit was opened. Know that it is absolutely 100% private property. No public land at all. They didn't state that in the regs back then and it was quite a chore for her to get permission to hunt.

I drew a goat tag for the corral pass area back in 2000. The quality of the billies in that unit is not too great if you ask me, but the hunt was a blast anyway. I'm sure there are a few good ones up there though. It wasn't as easy as I thought it was going to be. I've hunted deer, elk and bear up there for years, always seeing tons of goats, but on my goat hunt I just couldn't find one I wanted. I ended up taking a 8 1/2" billy on the last weekend of the hunt. Learned a lot about goats though.
Later,
shep

>I drew a Tatoosh goat tag in both '95 & '96. This hunt is very dependent on the weather to drive the goats out of Rainier Nat'l Park. Anyway I struck out in '95, but scored on a 9" billie in '96. I have to say...that this was physically the hardest hunt I've ever been on, but also the most satisfying. You don't drive to the top of this ridge and hunt down...you start at the trailhead and you climb...climb...and climb.

Steve

Hi Glen,
I don't recall the age. I'll have to check on that one. Scores 158 & change if I recall correctly. She took the ram she liked the best, which still had his lamb tips for the most part. One other ram there would have scored better due to brooming. I think I've got a picture somewhere on this computer. I'll check and see if I can e-mail it to you.
How are things going with handling the WA FNAWS site?

I would put a pic with her and her ram on the website with your permission. Zack had the site all set and ready to roll so it was all his leg work. I need to do some additional research and adding of information. Once school is out I will have more time.

Our goal was to make it a resource for those applying for permits and after people have drawn. We want it to be a valuable resource. What do you think?

Yes, I remember meeting you at Reno. Zack told me you were friends of his. Sorry to hear that.....LOL. I used to live near the Lincoln Cliffs herd and video taped rams several times passing through there. We just transplanted 15 sheep from Oregon into that herd in January.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom