Wall pedestal or shoulder mount

kimbersig

I have never had a wall pedestal so I was wondering if there is any space savings with them? Like do they stick out less than a shoulder mount if you want to hang them above a couch? Finally killed a nice buck that is worth mounting so trying to make some decisions. Thanks!

They do stick out a little further than a standard shoulder. The lower the head position the further from the wall. Upright, semi sneek vs sneek. Hope this helps.

I have 2 WT mounts one shoulder the other is a wall pedestal. They both are the same from wall to nose. The pedestal is 5 inches more top to bottom

476B3B1E-5AF2-466A-A6E4-10663A05BBA7.jpeg

0010090E-2BB3-41FF-9A99-17EAC3D17C2C.jpeg

I have never had a wall pedestal so I was wondering if there is any space savings with them? Like do they stick out less than a shoulder mount if you want to hang them above a couch? Finally killed a nice buck that is worth mounting so trying to make some decisions. Thanks!
I’m a fan of the wall pedestal mounts especially with antelope and deer.
A lot of different options. Do you have a spot picked out for the mount already? Let’s see the buck.

congrats on a nice buck! i have always been more of a fan of the classic shoulder mount. the pedestal pose looks weird to see the inside of the back of the form... but different strokes and whatever looks cool to you is where you should go with it! let us see it when it is done, please

congrats on a nice buck! i have always been more of a fan of the classic shoulder mount. the pedestal pose looks weird to see the inside of the back of the form... but different strokes and whatever looks cool to you is where you should go with it! let us see it when it is done, please
Thanks. I like them both. Space is definitely a limiting factor. Not quite 8’ ceilings In there and above a couch. For sure gonna go with a semi sneak pose to be able to hang him higher. Sounds like there isn’t any depth difference between the shoulder and wall pedestal so probably will do a shoulder.

Thanks. I like them both. Space is definitely a limiting factor. Not quite 8’ ceilings In there and above a couch. For sure gonna go with a semi sneak pose to be able to hang him higher. Sounds like there isn’t any depth difference between the shoulder and wall pedestal so probably will do a shoulder.
The shoulder mount usually costs $150-$200 less

I really like the wall pedestal. Here are two bucks that I had done in a right turn semi sneak and left turn semi sneak wall pedestal. It allows them to be a little higher on the wall than upright poses. If you are really needing space you can go full sneak but I'm not a fan of the full sneak.
IMG_4953.JPG

I've always liked pedestal mounts....just look more life-like. One other option is a table pedestal. They don't take up much room and leave more available space on your wall for other mounts.

I've always liked pedestal mounts....just look more life-like. One other option is a table pedestal. They don't take up much room and leave more available space on your wall for other mounts.
I've got a few. I had planned to build bases but still haven't got around to it after more than a decade since any of these came home. :rolleyes:

Colorado mule deer...

colomulie2.png

Texas whitetails....

txbucks.png

Coues deer...

8840couesmount4[1].jpg

When putting larger mounts on a wall over a couch, use centering to provide the clearance. Most people sit at either end of a couch, and then the mount isn't in the way.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom