Walla Walla Archery!

Scrillznac

Finally after 17 years of applying I drew my Walla Walla Archery Elk tag. I've been on 2 archery hunts with other tag holders in 2013 and 2014 on the North Fork side but haven't been in the unit since. I usually backpack hunt the Snake River Unit so hunting hard and spiking out if needed are definite possibilities. If anyone has any advice on areas to scout or areas to avoid I'm all ears and would love to chat. I appreciate it!

Jered

Congrats! I Hope it’s all you expect it to be!
my wife is trying for the rifle tag with 24 points and is sitting out again In 2021.

Yes we are. She has been what appears to be one point off for several years now. Perhaps before we’re too old to hike she was draw. ?

NR hunters with a lot of points need to watch Ron Wold's predictions closely. he predicted no NR would draw WW rifle this year so you were kind of done before you started.

the NR quota means no more than 1 NR will draw. it doesn't guarantee one will. Montana is the same way and it sucks.

As far a WW goes I can't help you. but from what I've heard there are lots of decent bulls and you will want a bear tag.

Not sure if I'll make it over to scout much. I've talked to the Game Warden for the unit and several tagholders from the last few years and they've all given me really good advice. I have 15 days total to hunt during the season. It's elk hunting in a premier unit. Anyone that's been around me the last 10 years knows how much I've been looking forward to this hunt! Can't wait to get in there and bonzai around and mix things up with some bulls. Man I'm stoked!

Back
Top Bottom