Wall's Taxidermy is a Joke!!

S

South_slope

2749deer_09.jpg

You know those times when you can just tell someone is just flat out lying to you? That has been the story for the last eight months with Kody at Wall?s Taxidermy. Instead of telling me that he messed up my animal or just has not been able to start the work, he chose to constantly lie.
I gave Kody $650 in full to build a pedestal and $290 in cash as a down payment on a deer mount. Sadly, after my family and friend started getting their 2010 animals back and mine was no closer to being mounted than when I dropped it off in September 2009. The first real sign there was trouble is when Kody asked me to put in for a Canada moose hunt give away that was $1500. This I believe was no more than a way for me to loan him some operating money. After more than a year his story was that the deer was mounted and that the guy building the base was not finished. I told him to tell the guy if he cannot build a base in a year, then give me my money back and sell it to someone else. The story then changed to the deer needs the ears changed or the eyes need wetted and on and on. Like I said the story was never the same and I always had the very distinct feeling I was being flat out lied to.
Finally you get to a point where you can only hear two more weeks so many times. I decided I was going to call the bluff. I contacted him and let him know that I wanted my property back. He was less than willing to return my property and it was not until I let him know that my lawyer was filing in court to recover that he agreed to release my deer. I told him I would pick up the base, and the deer mount unfinished. He told me he would write me a check for the base and he would remove my cape from the form. I replied that I had paid for the base more than a year ago in full and that I wanted the base. After a heated argument it was clear he did not have my base, nor do I believe had he even started it. I later went to pick up the horns that had never been mounted on a form, and was given the wrong cape (hope it isn't yours). I went to the bank to cash the check which was not signed.
4591kody_check.jpg

Where do I stand today? My deer was mounted and in my house by another taxidermist who will no doubt have my business for life. I am figuring after a month that my deer cape will never be ?found?. I paid $290 for a cape that did not look anything like mine. I waited almost 17 months and loaned Kody almost a $1000 for a bunch of BS stories. I think most people in the industry are honest and fair with people even when they get behind. I only write this to save people the frustration of dealing with such a dishonest business.
598deer.jpg

Awesome looking mount, to bad you had to go through all that BS, but it looks like you found yourself a good taxidermist. It's unbelievable that he gave you an unsigned check, that there tells you what kind of a person your dealing with good luck.

After reading your post, you have me concerned. During the 2010 archery hunt I killed me a nice red fox, I took it to walls taxidermy, I have also paid him in full, he has told me that he will have it done on april 15. I can only wait and see if he does what he says, I hope he can keep his commitment becuase I have also took my friends mountain goat to him. I guess if he doesn't stick to his word I will have to reply my experience on here as well, hopefully I wont have to take him to court either.

I have read all the posts concerning Walls Taxidermy over the past couple of weeks. I have been a customer of Kody for many years now. I take a lot of clients to him every year and other than one small problem a couple of years ago and really wasn't his fault, his work has been flawless. I have had many of my personal mounts done by Kody and he's done a great job. I have staked my outfitter reputation on his performance and he hasn't failed me. I have been through several taxidermists over the years and they are all the same. When they give you a date, it's an estimate. Unless they are trying to get a mount done for a show it's going to be approximate time. There are very few taxidermists that can get mounts done consistantly in 9 months. Most are a year or better. There are some new taxidermists around that do great work. I hear they have some insane turn around time and it's only because they haven't got real busy yet. If they are any good they will get busier and your turn around time will get a lot longer. You can count on it. Unfortunately, you can NEVER please everybody in this business, no matter what you do.

Sorry that you had a bad experience. Time to move on and use somebody else. As for me, as long as Kody keeps doing the job he's done for me in the past, I will take my stuff to him.

It's always an adventure!!!

Glad to hear he is working out for you. This was the second bad experience I have had with him. I tried to look past the first instance, but I cannot stand being flat out lied to.

I am sure your experience is different since you bring more business to him than the average guy who is a DIY hunter.

>I have read all the posts
>concerning Walls Taxidermy over the
>past couple of weeks.
>I have been a customer
>of Kody for many years
>now. I take a
>lot of clients to him
>every year and other than
>one small problem a couple
>of years ago and really
>wasn't his fault, his work
>has been flawless. I
>have had many of my
>personal mounts done by Kody
>and he's done a great
>job. I have staked my
>outfitter reputation on his performance
>and he hasn't failed me.
> I have been through
>several taxidermists over the years
>and they are all the
>same. When they give
>you a date, it's an
>estimate. Unless they are
>trying to get a mount
>done for a show it's
>going to be approximate time.
> There are very few
>taxidermists that can get mounts
>done consistantly in 9 months.
> Most are a year
>or better. There are
>some new taxidermists around that
>do great work. I
>hear they have some insane
>turn around time and it's
>only because they haven't got
>real busy yet. If
>they are any good they
>will get busier and your
>turn around time will get
>a lot longer. You
>can count on it.
>Unfortunately, you can NEVER please
>everybody in this business, no
>matter what you do.
>
>Sorry that you had a bad
>experience. Time to move
>on and use somebody else.
> As for me, as
>long as Kody keeps doing
>the job he's done for
>me in the past, I
>will take my stuff to
>him.
>
>
>It's always an adventure!!!

Would you say going on 4-years is anywhere near acceptable turn-around time?..

Nope. Since you reposted it smartass you must have read it. Did I say anywhere that 4 years is OK. If you've waited 4 years then it's you own damn fault.

Ain't a matter of waiting four years, dumbass, it's a matter of your buddy Wall taking four years and still not even being able to produce the animal, even though he swears he still has it.

Sorry Foreman - I'm a little short on the fuse tonight. It would have been much easier if you would have just stated a fact instead of asking a question that you know the anwer to already.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-07-11 AT 08:30PM (MST)[p]No big thing. I know it's hard to communicate everything through typing, but if you'll go back and re-read your post I quoted, you pretty much throw Wall a safety line by saying time frames are "estimated" or "approximate", and if they're busy your turn around time will "get a lot longer".

I think everyone understands the taxidermy process takes a while and most people are more than patient with their taxidermist(s), but four years later (and still haven't seen the animal!) and after hearing every excuse under the sun, it's more than a little ridiculous.

Anyway, he claims it'll be done in the next three weeks, but I wouldn't bet on it. Nine months ago he claimed he had a tracking number from it being shipped back and I know how that turned out (along with all the other lies).

Foreman you're not the only one that has been #@$%*& by this kid. I have a deer on my wall with a totally different cape on it than the one in my picture. A close friend of mine is still waiting on his bear he took to him 3 years ago. Mr. Wall even had the cohonee's to ask my friend last year for an extra $300.00 cash so he could "GET STARTED" on his bear....now he won't even return my friends phone calls.
Doyle Moss had a big client of his whose wife shot a monster bear in Montana (I think) that just come up missing while at Kody's place. I don't think Doyle uses him anymore.
I've heard of a bunch of people who have said similar things about this kid. He dose have a tough time with the honesty thing.
Jim....I know you endorse Kody because of the work he has done for you and your relationship you have with him. I'm sure he has done "you" right......but there are a lot of other people out there that have lost a lot of money with Kody and some have even lost their trophies. I can respect you Jim for wanting to defend a friend of yours but the truth is.....his reputation is no where near as good as yours as far as being honest, straight forward and hard working.

Mr. Wall called me tonight and after speaking with him for a while, I honestly believe that he feels very badly about the way he has conducted business in the past. He admits that he dropped the ball. He knows that he deserves most of the bad rap he's getting.

Anyway, I know some of you may have a hard time forgiving him for dropping the ball, but you should. Don't forget it, but you should forgive. Stuff happens in life and most of us have made a mistake or two. It's just the way it is. Plus, it's healthy for us all to forgive.

I know you guys are probably still steamin' and maybe Mr. Wall needs to spend a couple days calling each customer he dropped the ball with and apologizing to them personally. But whether he does or not, I want you guys to know that after talking with him, I think he appreciates the fact that he screwed up and is sorry for it.

So that's that. I just felt that I should post something since there's been a few folks upset with the way they have been treated by Mr. Wall and since he called me and talked with me about it, I felt I should share my opinion.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

Hope he has gotten on top of things and changed and wants to make things right to all. It's been four years to get a bear rug. Told him a month ago I wanted the bear as is (raw, frozen, ruined, partial done or completed) with in 30 days. He called me a week ago and wants to meet up Thursday to produce my bear!!! I will let you all know how it pans out!!! Hoping it works out for myself, Cody Wall, all other clients and his bussiness.

Please keep us informed....I'm curious how the bear looks after three or four years in the freezer.

First off nice post Brian (Founder).

Second, I give it to Cody Wall for calling Founder and being up front with him about dropping the ball and prior business dealings, which I personally told Cody I appreciated and tought was a good and honest gesture. I also have talked with Cody on several occasions and understand some of his past situations (right or wrong) and wish him the best.

Cody also stated to myself and appeared/seemed to want to make things right with myself and those that has current taxidery situations with him. I wish Cody Wall the best with resolving his current differences & situations. This is his livelyhood that he has choosen and I think he has learned a few hard knocks for prior situations and will do things differently in the future.

NOW TO MY POST - Cody did call myself yesterday to verify that we were still on for me to pick up my bear. I did go to his shop last night and Cody did what he stated he would a month ago when I told him I wanted my bear in 30-days. HE PRODUCED MY BEAR, which was a pleasant surprise to myself. I had read the prior posts and heard situations that had happened to others and was wondering if I would ever receive a bear or anything. Maybe I am partly to blame for not pushing the issue earlier, but in the end I received what I was after (my bear and memories) without a pissing match, threats or added expenses.

The bear looked good and as I remembered it. My two twin sons that were on the hunt with me at the time really liked it last night and both want it in their rooms (That is the memories that this bear has for myself. She was not my first or last. She is not my biggest, but she was taken with my boys on the hunt and that is what they and myself remember).

Cody did produce my bear (No doubt that it is mine). We did talk and have no ill feelings. When I origianlly dropped my bear off at his shop I gave him a deposit of $150.00 or $200.00. It was never about the money, but the memories for myself. Last night as Cody had stated to me before, he produced my bear and called it even. He did eat a sizable amount of money to make this right and I am happy with the out come. He also located and traded me my bear skull which is not as big as the original one he had given me, but it is no doubt mine (Old 15-20 year old female with very worn and broken teeth). The time frame was not the best, but a bear rug and a european skull completed for the original balance is a pleasant surprise. I believe Cody is trying to make things right with myself and others at this time and I wish him the best!!!

Now that is what a guy does to make up for his mistakes, He can man up or quit, it looks like Cody is mannning up.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

RE: Wall's Taxidermy is a Joke!! I will be the first to admit i got &%$@ in the @&& BY HIM i am ashamed of my self for letting it go as far as it did everyone told me not to send him any more money bu

>
2749deer_09.jpg

>
>
>You know those times when you
>can just tell someone is
>just flat out lying to
>you? That has been the
>story for the last eight
>months with Kody at Wall?s
>Taxidermy. Instead of telling me
>that he messed up my
>animal or just has not
>been able to start the
>work, he chose to constantly
>lie.
>I gave Kody $650 in full
>to build a pedestal and
>$290 in cash as a
>down payment on a deer
>mount. Sadly, after my family
>and friend started getting their
>2010 animals back and mine
>was no closer to being
>mounted than when I dropped
>it off in September 2009.
>The first real sign there
>was trouble is when Kody
>asked me to put in
>for a Canada moose hunt
>give away that was $1500.
>This I believe was no
>more than a way for
>me to loan him some
>operating money. After more than
>a year his story was
>that the deer was mounted
>and that the guy building
>the base was not finished.
>I told him to tell
>the guy if he cannot
>build a base in a
>year, then give me my
>money back and sell it
>to someone else. The story
>then changed to the deer
>needs the ears changed or
>the eyes need wetted and
>on and on. Like I
>said the story was never
>the same and I always
>had the very distinct feeling
>I was being flat out
>lied to.
>Finally you get to a point
>where you can only hear
>two more weeks so many
>times. I decided I was
>going to call the bluff.
>I contacted him and let
>him know that I wanted
>my property back. He was
>less than willing to return
>my property and it was
>not until I let him
>know that my lawyer was
>filing in court to recover
>that he agreed to release
>my deer. I told him
>I would pick up the
>base, and the deer mount
>unfinished. He told me he
>would write me a check
>for the base and he
>would remove my cape from
>the form. I replied that
>I had paid for the
>base more than a year
>ago in full and that
>I wanted the base. After
>a heated argument it was
>clear he did not have
>my base, nor do I
>believe had he even started
>it. I later went to
>pick up the horns that
>had never been mounted on
>a form, and was given
>the wrong cape (hope it
>isn't yours). I went to
>the bank to cash the
>check which was not signed.
>
>
4591kody_check.jpg

>
>Where do I stand today? My
>deer was mounted and in
>my house by another taxidermist
>who will no doubt have
>my business for life. I
>am figuring after a month
>that my deer cape will
>never be ?found?. I paid
>$290 for a cape that
>did not look anything like
>mine. I waited almost 17
>months and loaned Kody almost
>a $1000 for a bunch
>of BS stories. I think
>most people in the industry
>are honest and fair with
>people even when they get
>behind. I only write this
>to save people the frustration
>of dealing with such a
>dishonest business.
>
598deer.jpg

RE: Wall's Taxidermy is a Joke!! I will be the first to admit i got &%$@ in the @&& BY HIM i am ashamed of my self for letting it go as far as it did everyone told me not to send him any more money bu

That's your first post? No message or anything? Just the original negative post and his deer mounted? Seems a little odd to me. Couldn't you have just started another thread? Nice looking deer but I think you could have gone about posting that picture a better way, don't ya think?

I have no experience with Wall's taxidermy. That being said I strongly disagree with founder. There are some things that are unforgivable. Losing or screwing up a once in a lifetime trophy, and then lying about it is in my opinion UNFORGIVABLE. Stepping up because you are getting enough bad press to ruin your business is not the same as realizing your mistakes shortly after the fact and working to make them right. 99 percent of my hunting is done on public land and the few trophies I have taken that meant enough to me to spend my hard earned money to preserve that memory are incredibly important. Any taxidermist that would behave in the way this taxidermist has doesn't grasp the importance his work means to people like me. Forgiveness? Overrated.

First, let me start off by saying that I have never used Walls, or know anyone who has. This is my personal OPINION based on the information given in the previous posts.

Second, I believe FOUNDER is a stand up guy and is being honest with his opionons about Codys sincere apologies. I do not believe he would take the time to post, or get involved, if it wasn't sincere.

Third, in the business sector, this type of behavior WOULD NOT be tolerated. Misusing funds, lying to clients repeatably and not delivering a service for compensation would land him in a lawsuit or jail. Think if he were your financial advisor. Would this behavior be deemed appropriate? No... But with that being said, this is taxidermy we are talking about. I do believe he blatantly lied to clients, and if he took the time to call Brian and admit his error, then I do believe he has realized his dishonest ways. I believe he should face his clients, call them, admit his mistake, apologize, and do what he can to make it right. Some of these guys probably wouldn't take him up on a free mount for the trouble he has caused, but that's what he should do. It's all about customer satisfaction. The customer is always right...

If you disagree with me that's fine, I did not come on here to start an argument. We have all made mistakes, and learned hard lessons from them. it's what you do to correct them that makes the difference.

I am with BigMass,

No excuse/apology can fix a situation like this...period! I would have had my attorney on him like stink on s&*t.

In my opinion if your taxidermist is exceeding 12 months, look for another. My guy does 125 whitetails, couple dozen mulies and pronghorns, 20-30 Africans, assorted mammals, 10-12 NA full bodies (sheep/bears), bunch of turkeys and bear rugs, all within 12 months! BTW he has a whole room of trophies from competitions.

Brought him my January 2011 Oryx on February 8th and had it on my wall mid-April.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom