Wanted: Kansas Mule Deer hunt

Fallfreak

Okay. I dont live in Kansas but grew up there and have a lifetime license there which basically treats me like a resident as far as fees and draws go. I hunt annually on family land there for whitetail but it's not far enough west to get into good mule deer hunting.I have thought about trying the WIHA route but would like to increase my odds with private land. Maybe a trespass fee or possibly a semi guided or guided hunt. There is just not much info out there for Kansas mule deer hunting. I suspect it's because it's hard for non residents to draw and residents dont want to pay for a guide. Any help is appreciated.

Can’t help you on private land or guides in Kansas but the WIHA’s can be decent. I am heading back to Kansas in a week for Whitetail. We seen more mule deer than we seen whitetail in the area we was hunting last year. Seen a few decent mule deer bucks. Pictures are low quality but it gives you an idea. Can’t wait to have more fun in Kansas.

C70F31BC-A4A6-4E86-A37C-E40C56CA1EBA.jpeg

8B7580CE-D1FC-47C7-B3F6-21EC8D85AC99.jpeg

Don't be afraid to try some WIHA. Killed 1/2 my KS Muleys on WIHA. Have a landownership map with you too. If you find a good buck on private just call the landowner and ask if you can hunt. I archery hunt so it's easier but have got on a lot of ground this way.

Thanks. I haven't ruled out WIHA in any way just also looking for other options as well. I have personally seen some good bucks on WIHA as well I have also seen them over hunted. Trying to do some homework instead of throwing a dart at the map and going.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom