Wasatch Archery

utahute34

Drew Wasatch Archery Elk. I have really good private land to hunt for elk but I'm limited with space and acres. Looking forward to taking a lot of time and hopefully camping out during this hunt.. Any information on camping areas that are not too far off from good hunting would be greatly appreciated.

Turn the tag in; there are no elk on the wasatch. I’m just kidding, that’s the tag I was hoping to draw. There are lots of dirt roads with plenty of places to camp/hunt. Good luck on your hunt!

Where is your private land to hunt and that might help us tell you where to camp that is close to your private.

I wasn't saying I'm hunting Chalk Creek this year. I was asking for information on the Wasatch Unit for camping during the Limited Archery Elk Hunk since I drew the tag. I was merely stating I have great private property to hunt in the Chalk Creek area but property is limited in acres so I'm looking forward to hunting a much larger area. Sorry previous post was a little misleading.

Great buck in your profile pic! I don’t have any help for you, but looking at the unit, so hope you come back and report out on the hunt. Good luck.

Pick a spot around Strawberry reservoir and venture from there. Plenty of places to set up a tent or a trailer.

Thanks copple. I figure there is plenty of areas with the unit being as big as it is. As soon as I start doing a little scouting I'm sure I will find a good spot. As with my previous experience with limited entry archery elk, it really heats up after all the spike hunters are done.

When I had my tag the hardest part by far was finding a camp spot.
After Labor day it improves slightly at least if the kids are back in school by then.

A lot of people homestead camp sites up there.

That is a great tag to have and there are lots of bulls to chase. Pick an area, go and spend some time, and you’ll find elk. I had that tag in 2013 and 2019, and shot a nice six point bull each time. Have fun and make sure you share your experiences and photos with us on this formHave fun and make sure you share your experiences and photos with us on this forum.

Hawkeye

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom