Wasatch Bulls

R

rbon80

Looking to see some nice bulls on the Wasatch this weekend... anyone seeing bulls with some good growth yet? I saw a couple up AF canyon yesterday but nothing exciting, I am new to elk hunting and looking to see some big boys in the velvet. Also interested in seeing some of your trail camera pics if anyone has them. I am having a tough time getting anything good on my camera... just skinheads!

I grew up on the wasatch. I also have a cabin on it up by strawberry res. The bulls have put on some major growth. The bulls should pretty much have all there points and now are just growing mass and length. We have been seeing some really nice ones. Af canyon is way over hunted and does not have a real big heard up there.

And Strawberry doesn't get over hunted? That's one of the most hunted areas in the state. There's great bulls up AF canyon, you just need to get away from the roads.

Ive seen a number of good bulls and a few great bulls on the wasatch, AF canyon, squaw peak to hobble creek road, sheep creek, timp, strawberry area, current creek, diamond fork. There all good areas, you just have to get out and look, the unit holds alot of elk and they are everywhere

Skull Designs: Quality European Mounts at affordable prices

Here are a couple of pictures from my buddy's trail cam over the 4th of July weekend.

3143internet_1.jpg

9851internet_2.jpg

714internet_3.jpg

Thanks everyone for the help and great pics... the reason I am looking to get some good shots is because my uncle drew the rifle tag this year. Unfortunately he was diagnosed with prostate cancer two months ago and is going through treatments now trying to get the cancer out of the way before the hunt. I'm trying to find a few nice bulls for him while he goes through this. I'm not afraid to go in deep and have had my camera in about 4 different spots (each time only about a mile off the roads) this year but all I am catching are cows and a couple rag horns... any additional help is greatly appreciated.

Yep lots of hunters around strawberry and lots of hunters up af canyon. Just a little more elk up by strawberry. We took a 390 bull up af canyon in 08 and a 403 bull up by strawberry last year. You wont go wrong in either spot. Just the elk are more spotty up AF canyon. But him haveing the rifle tag changes things a little. The bulls you find now will not be there when the rifle hunt starts. What you need to find now is where the cows are hanging out. But dont be to stressed about finding bulls right now just find cows and go back to that area and your sure to see lots of 300-360 type bulls. Send me a PM and let me know your situation and plan for your hunt and i would be happy to help you and your uncle out on your hunt.

You could check him out on this little slide show. he grossed 403 and nets 398.

Tactical you are hard core! Cool vid. That shirahs you filmed was ridiculous! What a cool old bull.

Thanks. Ya he is an old silver back. He is still alive this year. He also lives on the wasatch moose unit.

Nice video. The shiras looks like my "back-up bull" which I watched in 07. He would have been dead had I not killed a bull. Looks like you have had some great experiences.

As for bulls on the Wasatch, well if you are seeing cows then you won't be seeing many big bulls. The good thing is if you know where the cows are today then you know where the bulls will be in Sept. Look higher and/or deeper to see mature bulls. At least that has been my experience on the Wasatch/Nebo/Manti.

-------------------------
www.sagebasin.com
-------------------------

How big was the bull in 07 any pics? looks like you have good prices on your taxidermy. I just paid 750 for my deer.

"looks like you have good prices on your taxidermy. I just paid 750 for my deer."

Packout did the taxidermy on my mule deer and whitetail this year, his does great work!

>Yep lots of hunters around strawberry
>and lots of hunters up
>af canyon. Just a little
>more elk up by strawberry.
>We took a 390 bull
>up af canyon in 08
>and a 403 bull up
>by strawberry last year. You
>wont go wrong in either
>spot. Just the elk are
>more spotty up AF canyon.
>But him haveing the rifle
>tag changes things a little.
>The bulls you find now
>will not be there when
>the rifle hunt starts. What
>you need to find now
>is where the cows are
>hanging out. But dont be
>to stressed about finding bulls
>right now just find cows
>and go back to that
>area and your sure to
>see lots of 300-360 type
>bulls. Send me a PM
>and let me know your
>situation and plan for your
>hunt and i would be
>happy to help you and
>your uncle out on your
>hunt.
dude that was a bada## video thanks for sharing

i made it back home for a lil scouting for a few day and saw 10-11 bulls and took a little video but it is right at dark and through the sworo

at least they are bulls,hard to tell how good they are, I hope they are good ones.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom