Wasatch Late

Stubaby

Very Active Member
Other than the lack of water and warm temps....oh and the way more than the usual cluster of orange vests looking for forky bucks......anyone else not seeing the bulls where they normally are this time of year?

Last year at his time I was telling myself “hey, look on the bright side...the conditions can’t be worse.” Then 2020 says “Hold my Dr Pepper”. Haha.

Still pretty hot and dry before this weather came in today. Maybe this will be the nudge those bulls need to start moving to their usual late rifle spots?

I won the late Hunt on the Wasatch this year at the expo. Not sure what to expect. I'm from out of state and scouting is tuff I spent about a week in the Wasatch a few months ago. That is a huge unit. The dry weather has me spooked. Any tips or ideas are welcomed. I'll be headed that way Thursday.

The storm this weekend should be perfect timing for a good week to come. I’ll be rolling in Thursday as well. Best of luck!

Hnttillmt good luck to you as well. I would like to hear how your hunt goes. I hope I find one I like, I'm not sure what size bull to target so I'm just lookin for one I like. I can't wait to get there.

There are still good numbers of elk in 5th water in Ray's Valley, should be elk in all the waters still with this weather.

Thanks for the tip slam. Us non residents really appreciate these local reports. I grew up in the area so I know the country but haven’t hunted there in 15 years. It would be cool to kill my biggest bull yet where I killed my first spike 20 years ago, not far from the waters.

A second thank you slam, any fresh info is good. I'm 10 hours away, it's hard to scout the way you should from that distance. This is my first elk hunt in Utah (maybe my only one). I'm looking forward to it. Thanks again..

First thing opening morning I couldn’t say no to this guy. Didn’t hurt that he was in the bottom. Strangely most of the biggest bulls where still with cows. Buddy shot his bull on last day we had to hunt. Awesome week on the snatch.

2B8EB280-EEA1-48C7-86AA-878E6D2B7BAA.jpeg

A745E364-5CD8-4FF1-B434-14BF5F2C89FB.jpeg

320B2295-7164-4A22-979A-3445824390B9.jpeg

Thanks for all the comments guys! This was my first real LE tag and it was everything I could have hoped for. Looking back at the pictures I realize the one with the head on my back looks goofy with the horns upside down. Had to improvise with the super brushy pack out.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom