Wasatch Moose Help

RoadlessHunter

My Dad has the Wasatch Moose tag and we are having problems even find a moose. In three days we didn't see a single moose. I am beginning to think that the DWR has coned us into believing the Wasatch has moose. Every other unit they dropped the tags except the Wasatch. Has anyone seen a moose this year that they would give me the general area and time of day. Just send me a PM on the location. I have helped lots of people over the years and have even taken kids hunting because their dads wouldn't take them. The one kid even got 4 shots at a 30 inch 4x5 that would have gone B&C, if the 5th point wasn't 10 inches long. We are a little frustrated with not finding moose. We might be hunting the wrong areas. We spent most our time in the current creek part of the Moose unit. Any help would be appreciated, especial since I have moved out of the state to a new job and have no vacation to use to help my dad hunt. He spent all his scouting week end before the hunt helping me and my two brothers move to different locations.

Find water and your find a moose. I have seen them up left fork of hobble creek a lot until this year. I have actually seen two moose on Nebo this year and 0 on the wasatch.

I dont know where you guys have been going but I have seen moose everywhere I go lately. I have been up Af canyon, I have seen several up hobble creek/diamond fork area, saw 2 GOOD bulls off the side of the road up between Walsburg and Hobble Creek. I saw some up South fork. This has been just in the last 5-6 weeks. There is a place where I saw 9 bulls in 1 group last year. Which I have never seen that before.

Ive seen quite a few up AF canyon. Nothing that I would shoot, but they are up there.

If nothing pans out for you by the spike elk hunt opener, I may be able to help. I have seen a couple of pretty fair rascals where I hunt elk. Pretty good roads in the area too, if that matters. I have not checked regs since i drew in 2006, but I assume it opens again on the 4th?? PM me for details on any info you need. Would be glad to do whatever it takes.

We saw 2 bulls both about 30 inches wide. Several little fork horns.. We have been hard at it every day since Saturday but have yet to turn up a good one. I hope persistence pays off. We have talked to a few elk hunters and they are not seeing many either. We have been covering ground and glassing like crazy. There are moose out there and it looks like they are getting closer to the rut. We will hunt about 20 days total. Hope we can find a good one!

Good luck to you and your dad. You've been looking in a good area

I can give you some info on a great bull i seen thursday.Tried to send you a email?

LAST EDITED ON Sep-22-13 AT 07:31PM (MST)[p]Thanks for all the help. We went out this weekend and seen 1 bull in the 35 Inch range. We are still looking for a 40+ incher, so we let him go. The weather was better this week and that helped. I will post a picture once we get one. Anyone with lead on recent sightings would be helpful. Even more tips from those who have hunted the area.

No, Colorado. What does it matter? A general question and it will get more traffic here.

Good luck on your hunt. Ill keep my eye open to help find a bigger bull.

I just got my moose monday morning. One palm is definitely better than the other, but he is 46 3/4" wide. I was one other one that was bigger while scouting, but couldn't find him.

Congratulations mountainrunner on your big bull. I also have a wasatch bull moose tag (18 years is all it took for me to draw). I've been hunting 15 out 17 days so far. I have seen a few, its been tough. Any help by you or anyone else would be greatly appreciated. Thanks 801-318-5335

I don't have a clue on judging size, but if you want, I'll tell you exactly where I saw these dudes...

>>>---->
For the love of the game

Wow, I've seen more moose on the wasatch over the last few years than i can ever remember, including a few bruisers this year.

I'm a little confused how you haven't found any, honestly.

Vi Et Armis Invictus Maneo

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom