Wasatch tag surrendered

The worst dates 10/6 I'm thinking the fire is scaring people. He was only a few pts so will take it.

Congrats to your boy. I'm sure that's a fun call to get. My good buddy had that tag last year. The first 2 days were great. After that it started to get hard to find elk. He ended up passing on a smaller 5x6 that last day, and never killed one. Good luck to you guys.

Good on your boy! Maybe he can take the handle Elklove!! :) :)
Nothing better than a surprise tag coming your way. I have no doubt you guys will make the best of it.

Good luck to you both.

snag it with low points and a rifle opportunity for your boy hard to pass up.
I picked up one of my trail cameras today from the property.this whole fire fiasco has some animals on the move.

They may move around but they aren't just disappearing for ever just got to locate their new home.
Got lots of time for them to move back in if the grass starts growing back in.
Find the waterholes and start planting.
Grab that tag and have a great hunt with your son.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

>They may move around but they
>aren't just disappearing for ever
>just got to locate their
>new home.
>Got lots of time for them
>to move back in if
>the grass starts growing back
>in.
>Find the waterholes and start planting.
>
>Grab that tag and have a
>great hunt with your son.
>
>
>
>"I have found if you go
>the extra mile it's Never
>crowded".
>>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>>the MM green signature club.[font/]

+1. They will move just far enough to not catch on fire and will be back as soon as possible. Personally I think the fire is a benefit. It will remove some of that thick unglassable country and will help congregate the elk in the remaining unburned timber. Your son made a smart decision.

the burn areas I have been in during this fire would make it hard for animals not to get blown out by hunting pressure very early on especially Elk.
some of these areas look like your on the moon I dont care how green the new grass is that grows the fact that there is no cover the elk will be gone.
I did get some sweet pics on my cameras from my property as it did not burn. quit a few elk passing through

Been up scouting on the wasatch a few times this year and the elk are looking really good!! You guys should have a great hunt! Pretty lucky for a young kid to get a LE elk tag!! Good luck this year!

Saw three dandies this weekend, I left the phonescope in the tent, but did my best with my boys iphone.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom