Washing Merino Wool

Nevadahunter

I just bought a Kuiu Merino Wool top and looking for some input on what is the best laundry soap to wash it with. Thanks!

Unscented Woolite in cold water. I machine wash gentle, then dry on towel,don't stretch while wet. I wash almost all my own wool clothes.

My Minus 30 merino wool base layer got fouled with elk blood this year (as well as my medium weight M-51 Army Surplus wool pants). I ran water over these clothes, rubbed the blood stained areas of the fabric over itself to loosen the crusty blood stains, and squeezed the water out of the fabric. Initially this water ran rusty red-brown. I repeated several times until the water ran clear. Then I put these woolens in the washing machine on a COLD water cycle and a DELICATE process cycle and used Woolite to wash. When the clothes had completed spin drying, I hung them up on clothes hangers outside to dry. I did NOT hang them in the sun. Also, I hung them over the cardboard tube type of hanger, letting the cardboard tube support the weight of the clothing. The Minus 30 base layer articles as well as the M-51 wool pants seemed to come out very well.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom