Watch or attend tomorrow's Utah Wildlife Board meeting

Amy

The Utah Wildlife Board is meeting tomorrow (Tuesday, Jan. 4) at 9 a.m., and there's a mix of items on the agenda, including big game rule amendments for the upcoming year. The board will also vote on recommendations for the upcoming bear, cougar and furbearer seasons.

If you're interested, you can watch the meeting online or attend in person. (It will be held at the Eccles Wildlife Education Center, located at 1157 South Waterfowl Way in Farmington.)

@Amy the link to the online meeting doesn't appear to be working for me. The DWR site is also not pulling up for me.

Are you aware of any issues?

Thanks for letting me know. I'm watching it remotely myself and am not aware of any issues. (But I will check on it.) Does going directly to YouTube work for you?

Thanks for letting me know. I'm watching it remotely myself and am not aware of any issues. (But I will check on it.) Does going directly to YouTube work for you?

yes going directly to youtube worked-thanks Amy!

There's going to be alot of pissed off people.

Seems like the WB is going to go scorched earth on all technology.

Yeah, i'm not a fan of the direction that conversation went. I am fine with the season dates but doubt it will stop there. I bet this gets brought back up again eventually. Especially since enforcing it will turn into a can of worms. Seems like WB/DNR are in favor of "putting the hunt, back in hunting" whatever that means? I liked how Mr. Heaton talked about coming up with a "technology committee" and maybe talk about all the other advances we have that might not be "fair chase" like high powered rifles/muzzle loader/bows, range finders, optics, etc. People are funny when they throw out the "fair chase" card when it comes to trail cameras but don't blink and eye when they are killing their under-developed buck every year with great optics, high powered rifle, ATV, range finder, etc. Seems really hypocritical to me. The people in charge seem to be in favor of more "opportunity" and "rules" because it means more tag and law enforcement revenue. If they make hunting harder and put more rules on it they can oversell tags because they know people won't have a 100% success rate. With more rules there's a higher chance you will break them and get a ticket. Its really all about the money seems like to me as in most cases. If they really cared about our natural resources (specifically the deer) they would require mandatory harvest reporting, sell the right amount of tags and assume 100% harvest with those tags, spend more time working on habitat/winter kill/feed/predation. They would also likely need less DNR employees and brand new trucks driving around. See the correlation on why they blame technology for all the problems? The "opportunity" advocates will disagree with me but I don't see how this change helps anything.

There is not a complete ban at any time of the year, just a ban on them for the use of taking big game through the stated season. I’m fine with it, I don’t need it to kill a nice buck but the problem I see with this is the part that says “for the take of big game” there is NO WAY to enforce this. If an officer just sees a trail camera hanging on a tree he has no way of knowing who that camera belongs too, so dishonest people will still be using cameras to help them but they will just be more cautious. And on top of that as one of the board members stated, most guys have plenty of friends without a tag that will go and set cameras for the tag holder, and feeding them the information from that camera. So this will not help anything at all, it will only hurt the good guys and leave the others with an advantage. The only way that this will work is too do an all out ban of trail cameras on the landscape within the dates.

Yeah, i'm not a fan of the direction that conversation went. I am fine with the season dates but doubt it will stop there. I bet this gets brought back up again eventually. Especially since enforcing it will turn into a can of worms. Seems like WB/DNR are in favor of "putting the hunt, back in hunting" whatever that means? I liked how Mr. Heaton talked about coming up with a "technology committee" and maybe talk about all the other advances we have that might not be "fair chase" like high powered rifles/muzzle loader/bows, range finders, optics, etc. People are funny when they throw out the "fair chase" card when it comes to trail cameras but don't blink and eye when they are killing their under-developed buck every year with great optics, high powered rifle, ATV, range finder, etc. Seems really hypocritical to me. The people in charge seem to be in favor of more "opportunity" and "rules" because it means more tag and law enforcement revenue. If they make hunting harder and put more rules on it they can oversell tags because they know people won't have a 100% success rate. With more rules there's a higher chance you will break them and get a ticket. Its really all about the money seems like to me as in most cases. If they really cared about our natural resources (specifically the deer) they would require mandatory harvest reporting, sell the right amount of tags and assume 100% harvest with those tags, spend more time working on habitat/winter kill/feed/predation. They would also likely need less DNR employees and brand new trucks driving around. See the correlation on why they blame technology for all the problems? The "opportunity" advocates will disagree with me but I don't see how this change helps anything.
Correct me if I’m wrong but the board (the people who are making these rules) doesn’t get paid anything. Seems like no matter what they do there is always somebody pulling the money card. In my opinion money is not influencing the boards decision whatsoever. It may be a problem higher up with people who work for the division for a living however.

This state is a efing joke!! What the hell does having a camera out hurt? Better ban fish finders, spotting scopes, long range muzzleloaders with scopes. Oh and ITV’s and other vehicles. ?? This state

This state is a efing joke!! What the hell does having a camera out hurt? Better ban fish finders, spotting scopes, long range muzzleloaders with scopes. Oh and ITV’s and other vehicles. ?? This state
Maby you can go get your nails painted afterwards. If you can’t fill a tag without a trail cam than I suggest you find another hobby. Technology advancements have been crazy the last 10 years, compare that data too our deer herds, they have gone down too almost nothing and are still rapidly decreasing. The deer have no chance at competing with our technology that gets better every year. And as for the muzzleloaders I think that’s a great great idea. We have the rifle hunt for long range. The muzzleloader hunt was started as a more primitive hunt similar to archery, when muzzleloaders can shoot as far as a rifle and be accurate I wouldn’t call that primitive.

So you are blaming our decreasing deer numbers on cameras?? ? Jesus give me a break! And I don’t need cameras to harvest animals. I do it with out them. I’m stating that this is bull$hit!

Tip of the iceberg. Get ready it's going to be a wild ride.

I can't wait for the law of unintended consequences.

And in the end deer will continue to decline and nobody will be able to hunt.

So much pressure on hunters to save the world. Too bad it is a closed system.

Maby you can go get your nails painted afterwards. If you can’t fill a tag without a trail cam than I suggest you find another hobby. Technology advancements have been crazy the last 10 years, compare that data too our deer herds, they have gone down too almost nothing and are still rapidly decreasing. The deer have no chance at competing with our technology that gets better every year. And as for the muzzleloaders I think that’s a great great idea. We have the rifle hunt for long range. The muzzleloader hunt was started as a more primitive hunt similar to archery, when muzzleloaders can shoot as far as a rifle and be accurate I wouldn’t call that primitive.
Technology is only the slightest problem when it comes to deer size. You wanna blame low deer numbers on technology, ban all hunts and all hunters and the deer herds will not improve. You want to know the real problem you can blame it on Mother Nature. Extreme drought and tough winters and habitat changes is what kills the deer not trail cam bans.

When 50+ More Changes Are Made Let Me Know!

This BS Kills Me!

A Bunch of TARDS Will Think This One Change Will Do Miracles for the 2022 Buck Hunt!

JUDAS!

F'N!

PRIEST!

So you are blaming our decreasing deer numbers on cameras?? ? Jesus give me a break! And I don’t need cameras to harvest animals. I do it with out them. I’m stating that this is bull$hit!
If trail cams don't help to locate and kill the largest bucks and bulls then why do most outfitters use a truckload of them?

It's going to be illegal to sell photos/video of animals as well. This is a great move and a good start towards making people relearn how to hunt.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom