Watch the Wildlife Board work session about mule deer

Amy

Many of our biologists will be meeting with the Wildlife Board this morning at 9 a.m. for a virtual work session about Utah's mule deer herds. Here are links to the agenda and the livestream. (The video will also be available later for those who don't have time to watch it today, or who want to break up the viewing.)

There will be in-depth presentations about Utah's deer herds (by region and unit) as well as presentations about drought, habitat and predators. Wildlife Board members will be asking questions and discussing the issues with the biologists and each other. If you want to know more about Utah's deer herds, you may want to check it out!

Last edited:
That truly was the best presentation explaining what is going on with Data to back it up.
Good work now we know what truly is going on, No more guessing I did have my thoughts it was poor drought conditions in a lot of these units.
So that said I think you guys cut just the right amount of tags for now only time will tell.
The conditions we are facing I wouldn't cut any more until the condition return to normal and we might not have to cut any if we just get some nutrients back in are feed.

But let's definitely keep are predators in check as well.

Great opening presentation by Covy Jones. Can’t wait to watch the rest of the meeting. I would encourage everyone to watch it, he brings a great perspective to wildlife management in the state of Utah.

I watch all 7 1/2 hours and it is some great information. There is a lot of time, effort, and money going into giving use opportunity. I applicant the efforts they are putting into our wildlife management. It will be interesting to see how they move forward with some of the items in the discussions.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom