Watch Wildlife Board Working Session 4/11 9am

elkhunterUT

Very Active Member
For those interested in various key topics for wildlife in Utah, including deer winter survival data by region and OIL species research updates that could impact your application strategy, may be good to watch the Wildlife Board working session scheduled for tomorrow (Tuesday, April 11th) at 9:00am.

Here is the link to the agenda:
https://wildlife.utah.gov/public_meetings/board/2023-04-11-board-session-agenda.pdf

Here is the link to the Youtube broadcast:

Catch parts of it throughout the day.
Feeding looks to have saved the fawns that used it. Even with all the effort and funds they only reach a small portion of each herd.
I missed the more detailed presentations after lunch so I did not see the mountain goat one. But from the OIL update it doesn't seem that mtn goat management is an understood process. Drought was mentioned as the likely cause for pop declines. Very well could be and I'm not arguing that but what chaps me is that there seems to be no effort to address it.
The groups who auction a mtn goat tag off should be demanding guzzlers or other water developments where drought has affected goat populations. I do understand that flying them into Wilderness is likely a no but could be done at willard to see if mtn goats will utilize them at least.

Sounds like we need a varmint hunt on the Tushar range to save the Indian Paintbrush!

And don't feed deer regular alfalfa hay in winter, you're killing them with full stomachs.

And Wade Heaton.......oh never mind ?

Last edited:
Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom