Water/Diesel Between Elko and Southern ID

Bwht4x4

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Jul-22-15 AT 02:11PM (MST)[p]I've got a hunt coming up and will be running north out of Elko on highway 225 and want to fill my camper with water and my truck with diesel at the last available spot. Is there any spot between Elko and Owyhee that has both diesel and potable water? I will need 30 gallons of water and I'm happy to pay for the water too.

I'd rather not lug hundreds of pounds of water and diesel that far if I don't have to and would rather support the little ma and pa shop then the big truck stops along highway 80.

Thanks

I have not been up in that area for some time now, but if memory serves me right, there was a bar, store and fuel at Wild Horse Reservoir and maybe water too as I think there was a "dump station" there for trailers/campers.
Mountain City just up the road had gas and diesel as I had a diesel pu there in 1989 while hunting.

Do a Google of stations in Mtn City and Wild Horse and make some calls now.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Owyhee has a gas station/store on the north end, maybe 2 miles out of town about 15 miles from mtn city through the canyon. I don't know about rv dump stations or water but I'm sure it's available. If I remember right there's a rv "park" right by the gas station, not much of a park though

Wild Horse State Rec Area (a Nevada State Park facility) is approximately 67 miles NE of Elko, and about 16-20 miles from the Idaho border has a sanitary dump station and water available. Not sure what current use fee is though. I'm sure contacting the Parks Dept. via website or telephone you could directly contact them to find any information you need.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom