Waterfowl

newguy

Thought I would start this one back up, seeing as how the other one got deleted. Lots of birds this morning, too bad I was by myself. Limited out in twenty minutes on wigeon and teal, the fog kind of situated just right for a change. It’s been slow on the Delta the last couple of weeks otherwise though.

Mark

At least somebody is getting some birds on the last weekend, I’m hunting just out of Colusa and slow is an understatement!

Slow year in the North valley, d10.
Flood up these last couple years is staged, and birds just hopscotch from newly flooded to newly flooded.
Late season panned out thankfully and we had decent flights of sprig, specs, spoons, widgeon in that order. Mallards, well, we have no virtual resident mallards anymore.
Spent some time focusing on mallards and teal, specifically cinnamons.
Last Sunday sealed the deal on both. Not "a lot" by any stretch, but I'm happy with the outcome.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Yes neat pictures, I would guess that that mallard was shot in the head. I don’t think I saw a Cinnamon all year.
Hit it for the last day yesterday but there wasn’t much going on, three of us got two birds. All in all it was a decent year for me, I think I hunted 17 times and limited out five of them. I rarely take pictures of ducks, I guess I should take more, but here is one of what was one of our better days, I think we had nine mallards.
Good luck to the late goose hunters out there,

Mark

E9681906-6249-4EF8-82AC-EF8A27EF43A9.png

This season was the first with the extra five days. We can all thank CWA for the extra hunting opportunity. They got an author/sponsor to write the legislation that authorized the extra days.

huh....when did it start???
Duck season in the balance of the state opened October 19th. I think the season used to close in the last Sunday in January(14 weeks plus an extra Saturday and Sunday)which would be 100 days, now it ends on January 31st no matter what day it falls on.

Mark

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom