Waterfowlers

newguy

Good luck to all the duck and goose hunters tomorrow. We finally got everything in order and will be on the delta in the morning. Things usually don’t turn on for us until December so not overly optimistic for tomorrow but looking forward to it anyway. I will let you know how it goes, would love to hear how everyone else does.

Mark

Good luck to all the duck and goose hunters tomorrow. We finally got everything in order and will be on the delta in the morning. Things usually don’t turn on for us until December so not overly optimistic for tomorrow but looking forward to it anyway. I will let you know how it goes, would love to hear how everyone else does.

Mark
Went out to the grizz this morning. Seemed to be pretty slow for the opener, my brother and I ended up with 6 birds.

We ended up seeing a lot more birds than I was expecting. Due to the fact that they wouldn’t finish and we couldn’t shoot we only ended up with two though. It was still fun to be back out there.

Mark

Our Aleutian goose season opens Saturday. We had a lot of birds a week ago but I think they moved on south. All the fields are dry and brown. We have 9 ducks so far.

Three of us got 22 Aleutian geese today. Humboldt Co.

Right on Eel!

Me and my youngest son got 19 and 9 ducks.
20201107_150147.jpg

Right on, glad to see you guys got some good action. I have shut it down till at least thanksgiving.
Mark.

We actually enjoy waterfowl, aleutians are one of my favorite. Weird I know. Even the wife and kids all love em.

Sitting in a layout blind now killing more. We have 5 aleutians 1 snow and 2 honkers so far for me and my son.
I chased too many cripples yesterday so this old man took today off. I can't jump up out of the layout blind like I used to. LOL!

Get'em Bill!

I agree big honkers are not great. Best we have found for them is in a gravy in the crock pot, then poured over wild rice.

Any of you ever hunted the late season snow goose hunt in the northeastern zone? Curious on how that hunt is I know there can be a lot of birds around.
3733EDED-4123-40A2-A6CE-D91AC13C26EA.jpeg

I still unable to get out.. hopefully a few weeks.. I have been also drawing great reservations at top refuges along with my blind..a few top number 5 or better at sac, Delavan and little dry creek..
Jester

Only stepped foot on one refuge this season, Modoc, and had a great time.
Been hitting the blind a few times with good success on the specs/honks.
Haven't even shot at a duck from the blind yet, which is strange.

Our Aleutian goose season opens Saturday. We had a lot of birds a week ago but I think they moved on south. All the fields are dry and brown. We have 9 ducks so far.
I know your pain. We used to kill 300 to 500 a year,but delta boys are feeding them corn now and holding them for the season. Also to much Orchards in modesto area.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom