Waterproofing Boots

woodruffhunter

Long Time Member
Recently, I have had mixed results with waterproofing
my boots (they are leather). What brand/type of waterproofing/conditioner would you recommend?

I am throwing the brand I have used in the garbage.

Thanks in advance.

Jason

I use camp dry ,,,its a silicone spray in a can,,worked for me
very well,,good luck

I use "Sno-seal," a boot conditioner based on bees wax. My boots are Limmer hiking boots from Germany, somewhat uncommon boots. I have had them for 20 years and they are still providing good service, though I confess I haven't used them just a whole lot over those 20 years. I can walk through water well above the sole of the boot and not have leakage.

When I last read up on this topic there seemed to be different tanning methods employed for shoe leathers and the boot dressing should be matched to the tanning method. Someone with more knowledge than I have should speak to this topic.

I use sno-seal also. It's basically just Beeswax. I put a lot on and then let it melt in with a hair dryer. Letting the leather soak up as much as it can. Works very well.

'nuther vote for Sno-Seal here. May darken the color ever so slightly, but well worth it.

For my Schnees boots, I use their Montana Pitch Blend Leather Dressing and it WORKS. Seems that each year or so, I have to buy another one as the rest of the "gang" wants to use it to coat their boots too.
Go to: www.schnees.com and you can order it from them.

Brian

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom