We need a new topic! How about Yellowstone backcountry!

Mackey

I love to backpack up Slough Creek. Anybody else go up there? The flyfishing is fantastic in late July and all through August. Does anyone else have a Wyoming backcountry trip that’s awesome scenery where a fish or two could be caught? The Winds? Looking for some new places.

Mackey
Just a poor flatlander living in Memphis

So many lakes in the Winds. I don't see how anyone could not catch a fish there. One afternoon many years ago myself and a couple other guys caught over 150 cutthroat trout. My fly was so beat up there was only a thread hanging off the hook and the fish were still devouring it.

Look into the beartooths. Not far from wyo. Just a rock throw away but that also calls for an extra NR fishing lic

Look into the beartooths. Not far from wyo. Just a rock throw away but that also calls for an extra NR fishing lic
I gotta say there are a few great streams in most drainages off the Beartooth Highway.
Highly recommend a stay at the Beartooth Lodge in Crandall.
Great spot to kick off day trips.

Living here in Lander we are planning a few trips into the Winds... Truth is we love exploring things all around us.

A hike down the canyon in Crandall, Wyoming along the Clarks Fork of the Yellowstone River is great fishing, camping and with two vehicles you can park one at either end....
A stay at the Beartooth Lodge is highly recommended for that excursion for sure. The Lodge is up river from the mouth of the canyon. Lots of elk sheds down there too.

If you're coming from Memphis, I would stop in the Bighorns for a night or two. Some of the best creek fishing in the state IMO. You could fish a week and never hit the same creek twice. Plenty of places to backpack into if thats what you have planned. Shoot me a PM if you're interested in a few spots to check out.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom