WEATHER & TEMPS IN YOUR AREA???

20 ish ovrnight and dry as a bone. Highs in the mid 40’s.

The pisscutters are all that’s left, so they are chasing the hot does so hard that they leave dust trails.:( Damn shame.

sungrill.jpg

I’m pretty sure Denver broke the record for the longest duration into the winter without snow. We’ve only had around 3” so far where I live on the Front Range. The 10 day calls for 50’s and 60’s with night temps of 30’s to 40.

On the bright side, I have hardly seen a twig of cheatgrass emerge on the winter range this fall and winter. This could be the second winter in a row this happens which will benefit wildlife. However, Estes almost burned from a wildfire about a week ago and wildfire danger is extreme right now.

Mid 30's and dry here on the northern Gulf.
Maybe the ducks will be here soon.
33' here this morning and my 17 y/o son fished all night.
got home at 4AM.
Slayed the Reds and Trout.
I may need to re-think my outdoor pursuits.

Took the family up mirror lake highway to 9500 feet.. it was 47 degrees and 2 inches of snow.... we sure do need some cold Temps and a lot of snow up there... but, it sure made for a great outing with the little ones in tow...

I’m pretty sure Denver broke the record for the longest duration into the winter without snow. We’ve only had around 3” so far where I live on the Front Range. The 10 day calls for 50’s and 60’s with night temps of 30’s to 40.

On the bright side, I have hardly seen a twig of cheatgrass emerge on the winter range this fall and winter. This could be the second winter in a row this happens which will benefit wildlife. However, Estes almost burned from a wildfire about a week ago and wildfire danger is extreme right now.
Doesn’t winter start on December 21?

Went out west looking for a dog to shoot at today, west of Faust and Vernon.
Pretty dang dry out there.

Happy Thanksgiving Bessy ?

Maybe in Your Neck of the Woods!:D
Perhaps you need to look it up? ?

And I live in the high country too, and I agree it has been a bit warmer and less snow than normal.

temp leaving to go hiking today. Daughter played outside with her friends all day yesterday.
27C3B180-16E1-49C5-97F4-BAB6B6AE2FDA.jpeg

I remember those days as well. Woke up one morning in Cache Valley and it was -40.

On another note, we have a cow elk hunt this weekend, we will be comfortable in t-shirts in the afternoon.
-40 is the lowest I've had to bear when we lived at 8200 ft. in Colo. I grabbed the door handle on my truck with a bare hand & wound up losing some skin.

Last edited:
Around Here November Has Been Mild!

Highs Have been in the 40's!

No Snow in the Lower Country!

And Not Much on the Mountain Either!

11 Degrees Here This Morning!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYBODY!
Highs up to 60 then drops to the teens by 6am here in Taos NM :) No snow that stuck yet, a little at higher elevations (6950 here).

I remember those days as well. Woke up one morning in Cache Valley and it was -40.

On another note, we have a cow elk hunt this weekend, we will be comfortable in t-shirts in the afternoon.
Many of cold winters in cache valley growing up.........when you take a breath and your lungs hurt you know it is cold.

Warming up a bit the next few days, but it’s been mostly single digit highs for the last 3-4 weeks here. About 16” of settled snow. No longer Wyosam, now AKsam. Since my favorite time to hunt elk is late season snow and cold, it doesn’t seem like I missed much this year.

This is the time of the year that my wallet really likes.

blinky.gif
I have my thermostat set at 80, and the AC hasn't kicked on at all over the last week or so. Most times the inside temp has been about 76-78 during the day. This morning when I got up at 6, it was 73.

Last edited:
Well!

I Don't Ever Remember a December 5th in the Basin when it was 54 above?

But it is Today!

And That's Not a -54 Neither!:D

GAWD I'm Starting To Like Global Warming!:D:D:D

This is the time of the year that my wallet really likes.

I have my thermostat set at 80, and the AC hasn't kicked on at all over the last week or so. Most times the inside temp has been about 76-78 during the day. This morning when I got up at 6, it was 73.
Is that temp inside? I could not do that. We keep all 3 ACs on 66 at night and 69 during the day almost year round. We don’t turn on the heater unless it gets down to 60-62 in the house.

Is that temp inside? I could not do that. We keep all 3 ACs on 66 at night and 69 during the day almost year round. We don’t turn on the heater unless it gets down to 60-62 in the house.
Way too cool for me. In summer we leave it set at 80, and that's bad enough on the electric bill when temps are well over 100 here every day for about 5 months straight.

I was in Laramie, WY from Wednesday though yesterday.......never got below freezing in the morning and reached 63 on Thursday! Unreal

6 here south of Cheyenne as well! Back into the 50's next week. No snow to speak of.

This morning headed out elk hunting in between Wells and Elko. Defrost on high and had to duck down to see out windshield because top half just would not thaw out. This picture was after it cleared up.

FF590E63-B3B3-4CEA-B167-C759E25051F7.jpeg

Was almost 40 and sunny the other day at my place west of Ft. Collins at 8800 ft… just a little layer of snow in the timber but dry wherever the sun touches… hoping for big snows starting in Jan!

21° here at work with 30-45 mph gusts. I've been plowing some snow around the facility. It was rough this morning with white-outs. I cant imagine what I will face in two hours. 60 miles took me 1 1/2 hours this morning.

At least our temps are still in the 20's. We have only had 6-10" of snow, but winds to 60 mph have closed every road around IDAHO FALLS. My son in Sun Valley got 38 inches last week, and another 20" out of this storm so far!!!!!

At 124%, a decent start to the snow season in my local river basin. It’s supposed to really get going here for the next couple days.
E435EDF5-D9CB-48D5-8010-CF2EA926D0E0.jpeg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom