Weatherby Scopes

stinky

I was at the pawn shop today, and they had a used Weatherby 1.75-5 scope. It has a 1" tube, and the objective lens is 1". I was thinking of putting it on a H&R .357 single shot. It has pretty good optics on it. And it is $50.

This is just the type of variable that I was looking for (except for the 1" objective).

Anybody know who was the manufacturer?.
John 14:6

LAST EDITED ON Apr-16-11 AT 10:12PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Apr-16-11 AT 10:10?PM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Apr-16-11 AT 10:02?PM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Apr-16-11 AT 09:55?PM (MST)

I have a Weatherby scope that was on my .300 WM that I ordered back in the 60's. It was made in Germany by JP Sauer not sure who made the scopes for Weatherby. I have some books from that era and maybe it is in there under the articles about ordering scopes.
Ther were 3 different scopes...Weatherby Olympian and the Oly. Variable. There was a Wea. Imperial Fixed Power and a Imp. Variable. There was NO 1.75x5 any any of these scopes. All they had were 2x-7x and 2.75 to 10x
All of this info is out of my Weatherby Guide magazine 15th Edition for 1969-70

I found what you were asking about in my 22nd edition which is from 1985. It is a 1.75-5x20 and called a Weatherby Supreme Scope but still no mention of WHO actually made the scopes for Weatherby.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom