Weatherby / Swarovski

M

mbaldo2005

I recently purchased a new .30-.378 Weatherby Magnum Mark V Accumark rifle and a 4x16 - 30mm x 50mm objective Swarovski Scope (it is quite an investment). I brought it to the new Cabelas store here in Lehi, Utah to get the scope mounted. They told me that the only way for the scope to work with the rifle is with these special order Leopold Mark IV Tactical Scope Mounts. Apparantly these mounts are used extensively in the military. These scope mounts are nearly $550.00 (yes that is correct). My question is if anyone has ever had this problem with a Swarovski rifle scope? I can't be the first person to try to put this scope on this rifle.

Apparantly the scope was maxed out in windage as well as elevation. Needless to say, this a new learning experience for me.

Cabelas has been very good to me on this. The guy at Cabelas is extremely knowledgeable, and I don't want anyone to think I am talking bad about Cabelas and their service. I trust his judgement + the fact that he indicated that he wouldn't sell me anything that he wouldn't own himself. I appreciate that.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thank You

I don't know if they've changed anything but my 30-378 has a large swarovski on it and I just used standard Leupold rings. Sheesh even the first set of Weatherby rings I had weren't that much. The Cabelas shooting catalog has two pieced rings listed in it for a USA made Mark V for 24.99. Hope this helps.

I would look at the weatherby catalogue they have custom scope mounts and Im pretty sure all the guys that work at weatherby shoot accumarks with swarovski glass so there has to be a cost effective way. I have a leopold on my accumark 338-378 with the low Leupold mounts and it works great.

I really believe the info you are receiving is incorrrect
I have 3 friends with Weatherby 30-378 and swarovski topped with no scope ring problem like that
I just bought a Weatherby Mark V Ultra Light and put a Zeiss scope with tall leupold rings.
I know the standard mark V rifles take the same rings as a remington 700 the ultralight takes a differant set
Hope this helps
Dom

Did you tell them something silly like "I want to zero it at 1000 yards" ??

JB

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
--Benjamin Franklin 1759

There are many different ways to go. If your looking for a longer zero . Maybe 15MOA or 20MOA incline bases are what you are looking at. Leupold Mark 4 bases and rings shouldn't be that expensive. Contact Jon or Tami at theopticszone.com they have good prices.Tell them Bill sent you.

Guys, thank you a lot for your responses to my Post. All of your comments made a lot of sense. As I mentioned, this is all a learning experience for me. I knew I wasn't the first person who has tried to build this setup (Weatherby .30-.378 / Swarovski 4x16 Scope). It is a little bit frustrating, to say the least.

WSM2 --> I will try theopticzone.com. Thanks for the "heads up".

Mike...

I just wanted to thank you all again for responding to my post. Thanks to WSM2, I saved nearly $275.00 on my mounts and will be shooting my rifle as soon as next week. Leupold was nearly 2 months out on being able to deliver scope mounts to Cabelas.

THANKS!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom