Weatherby Vanguard 223

kilowatt

Has anyone owned or own one of these rifles? I won one this past Friday night at a CA DEER ASSOC. banquet and will be able to pick it up in two weeks. Suppose to have a scope included, but have no idea what kind.
My guess it is a Rem .223 but will find out then.

Brian

Although I do not own a Weatherby Vanguard, I have read great things about them. The .223 Remington is inherently accurate and if it is a .223, I bet your newfound rifle will be a shooter. Let us know what you get. mtmuley

Kilowatt;
The vanguards were being made by Howa out of Japan. They have a excellant reputation for being accurate and very reliable. They are almost a clone of the Rem. model-700, except they have the recoil lugs as part of the receiver, similar to Win., and they have a larger Sako style extractor that is better then the M-700. Scope mounts made for the Rem.700 will fit the Vanguard. I think you will enjoy the rifle, I hope it is in a caliber that you need or wanted.

RELH

RELH, gave you an excellent discription of this rifle. My friend has one in a .300 Weatherby, and seems to like it.

I own a Weatherby Mark V in .300 Weatherby mag. Had it built for me back when they were being built by J.P. Sauer in Germany in 1968.

The other night I was the 3rd number drawn at banquet and won this Weatherby Vanguard in Remington 223 w/scope. That is all the card says so will have to wait for 2 weeks to see exactly I do get. Some of the rifles that night had Simmons scopes, so have a guess that is what will be on it. Just can't imagine them putting a Zeiss or Leupold on it. LOL

Will let you know when I pick it up what I did receive. All of the rifles were being handled by one place with the exception of only a few others put in the raffle. Not bad for $20.00 worth of tickets and a "sweet smelling" blonde with sparkle's all over her beautiful "hooters" and good looking to top it off. And better yet, she sells Real Estate in Redding, CA.

Brian

Kilowatt;
Now you got me all confused, were you interested in information on a Weatherby Vanguard, or "Hooters" or are you going to buy a house in Redding.
I think the "Hooters" did you in, those sparkle's were the glitter in your eyes while scoping out the "Hooters".

RELH

Well picked up the Weatherby Vanguard in Rem. 223 yesterday. It has a 3x9x50 Simmons scope and is mounted on rifle with a set of Talley/Vanguard scope rings.
Uncle Mike's swivels too.
Checked in Cabela's last night and looks like this scope sells for $64.95.
But no complaints for the rifle, only a $40 investment on raffle tickets.
Picked up a couple of boxes of Federal .223 in 63gr for range to check the scope sighting.

Brian

Congrats Brian!

Did you drive the coupe to the banquet? Sounds like the Hooter's girl would of went nice with it but don't think Mrs.Kilowatt would approved of that to much. Way to go on the raffle.

Happy trails
Ridge Runner
"Now Pilgrim,you sure you can skin griz"

Gene,
Thanks for the compliments, but no I did not take the coupe as no way too lock it yet and would hate to have something stolen or vandalized.
Brian

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom