Weiser river Elk hunt

Bonesandstonez

First time hunting Elk and First time hunting this unit. Any advice is appreciated. Not new to idaho, Not asking for honey holes, No sob story, have been up trying to scout the area when I can.

I’ll be figuring it out too, I’m anticipating a zoo of people. I plan on getting up early hiking in, sitting back and watching the madness.

Blaze orange isn't a bad idea in those areas, there's plenty of Fudds chomping at the bit to shoot at anything that moves. Be aware of property boundaries, the landowners have the game warden and sheriff on speed dial.

If you keep track you will see at least 20 times {probably closer to 60 times} the # of hunters SXS & 4 wheelers than you will animals !!! There are 3 units to choose a starting point in & they all SUCK !!! The majority of the elk are hanging out in their lawn chairs drinkin Cold Beers on their little chunk of secluded Private property !! There is SO much land locked BLM ground in these units it is Damn Sad but the elk & deer like that setup

Find a saddle above a timber pocket. Find a good shooting lane and pull up a lawn chair. Let the pressure work for you. It's damn hard to get away from people in this unit.

Find a saddle above a timber pocket. Find a good shooting lane and pull up a lawn chair. Let the pressure work for you. It's damn hard to get away from people in this unit.
That is my exact plan. Just to add one tip on top of that. Find saddles where they have road access to the surrounding peaks. Let people drive to the peaks and pop there heads out the trucks to get em moving. Then shoot straight.

5 friends who have hunted this unit for over 20 years shot 1 spike !! They said they saw more SXS & people driving around {even on closed roads} than ever before !! They said with the East side of the unit Burned up, it pushed everyone into the same area !!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom