Welcome Hunters…

Always enjoyed seeing the influx to Craig when I lived there. Always felt someone should tell the hunters blaze orange isnt required on the drive from Missouri. They show up a couple days before the opener, hit the King Sooper for groceries in full mossy oak camo and shiny new blaze orange. A lot of anticipation among those folks.

If your in Rangely for a meal at the Mexican restaurant, ask for an "extra special" margarita or mojito or get a large tap beer. You will not be disappointed. Happy hunting ya filthy animals!!!

Sarah at Conoco sells breakfast burritos that are better than the Kum n Go crap.

If ya see the orange taco wagon at the car wash ima telling you it is a must have.

Pepe's has top shelf sandwiches along with her soups. The chili is award winning. Crazy good food!!

Enjoy your hunt, be safe, and message me if ya need any assistance while in the area. BTW the fall fishing in the lower White River is incredible but then don't tell anyone I told you so.

Last year the little gas station in Maybell had the fuel truck there every day to make sure they didn't run out of fuel. Always a line at the pump too.
And now they sell liquor and beer. Those good old boys that camp out in Maybell park don’t have to drive to Craig anymore. They can fuel up their coolers and their trucks all in one stop. ?

And now they sell liquor and beer. Those good old boys that camp out in Maybell park don’t have to drive to Craig anymore. They can fuel up their coolers and their trucks all in one stop. ?
Been there, done that. :ROFLMAO: The Maybell park is a real nice place to park your trailer.(y)

NW Colorado was always that way welcoming hunters as they do help the local economy out a lot no matter what the guys in Wyoming say....... Just like Black Friday they say Hmmmm that sounds like a lot of sales of goods going on.....
Around here, I bet hunting season is WAY more important than Black Friday. We used to have some of the storefronts fill their window displays with mounts and guns and stuff.

Sadly, it’s fading away.

This is a welcome change from all the negative Wyo nonres hate posts! Unfortunately this is going to be super controversial in the next couple years. There is rumor that the CPW is considering dismantling current OTC elk tags and Colo res vs nonres tag allotments. Both of these would carry significant economic impacts to these small town communities. Wyoming res seem to be somewhat close-minded to this fact with the 90/10 de-boggle but definitely not in Colorado. Colo small town business owners are well aware of what nonres "bring to the table!"

As I mentioned in my Wyo posts, I've been a proponent for the average Joe Hunter throughout the West. Even though I'm a Colo res I still believe our hunting heritage will be lost as we know it with the loss of nonres opportunity and restrictions in just about every state in the West.

I totally understand how the CPW is caught in a hard place because it is impossible to manage elk and hunter densities by issuing unlimited elk tags. I haven't looked at overall Colo nonres hunter trends but as tags become tougher to draw throughout the West there likely are more and more hunters that don't draw tags and hunt OTC Colo elk. If Wyo ever converts to 90/10 and 1/2 the current nonres tags are taken from nonres you can imagine even more OTC hunters may migrate to Colo.

Anyway, nonres hunters are welcome with open arms in Colo!

Even though I'm a Colo res I still believe our hunting heritage will be lost as we know it with the loss of nonres opportunity and restrictions in just about every state in the West.

Anyway, nonres hunters are welcome with open arms in Colo!
I disagree with this statement. Historically you hunted where you lived. And if you needed to, you moved on to where the hunting was better. We all should move to WY.

My grandfather would have never dreamed of hunting in another state.

Im ordinarily pro outa staters (even though I hide during the rifle seasons), but not this year. Especially Amish looking dudes from Lancaster PA.:mad:

What is truly sad is opportunity to hunt the Western US by youngsters growing up in the Midwest or Eastern states that have few to 0 big game species other than whitetails is slowly but surely disappearing.

Many of these nonres youngsters won't have the same opportunity that many of us had hunting elk, bighorn, or other big game species unless they move out West where they have these species. We are slowly but surely losing more and more young nonres hunters that lose interest because they have almost no chance to draw big game tags out west in their lifetime.

Bluehair am I wrong with this statement about young nonres hunters? Obviously youngsters growing up in Wyo will have great opportunity but how about the youngsters growing up in the remaining 40 states outside of the West?

No, you’re not wrong. It’s a lot harder for a kid from Watts to grow up with a “hunting heritage”.

The good news is those 20,000,000 kids without equal access to hunting opportunities can still buy a tag in Colorado. Regardless of whether we have the game to support your altruistic fantasy.

But hey, we’re working on giving everyone an opportunity to develop some outdoor heritage.

Back on topic, I agree that the character of our rural small towns is changing. But there’s a lot more to it than cutting tag numbers.

NW Colorado...generally speaking...great place to live..Hard place to make a living. The only town that does well is Steamboat and that is because of the ski area. I have a ton of friends that live in that area and that is where my heart is.

If your in Rangely for a meal at the Mexican restaurant, ask for an "extra special" margarita or mojito or get a large tap beer. You will not be disappointed. Happy hunting ya filthy animals!!!

Sarah at Conoco sells breakfast burritos that are better than the Kum n Go crap.

If ya see the orange taco wagon at the car wash ima telling you it is a must have.

Pepe's has top shelf sandwiches along with her soups. The chili is award winning. Crazy good food!!

Enjoy your hunt, be safe, and message me if ya need any assistance while in the area. BTW the fall fishing in the lower White River is incredible but then don't tell anyone I told you so.
Can you tell me if the Rangely Camper Park is open through 2nd deer season? Does I fill up?

I spent my money the last 2 years 1st season at Elk Mountain Inn in Meeker so I didn’t have to deal with 4 guys snoring in the tent!
Money we’ll spent and Michelle and her mom are awesome!!

I disagree with this statement. Historically you hunted where you lived. And if you needed to, you moved on to where the hunting was better. We all should move to WY.
I was born in Utah. When I was 7, dad got a job in Wyoming. Even then it was obvious to me that his main reason was the awesome hunting. It's all he talked about. Every weekend was an outing in the hills, and every hunting season was antelope, deer, elk and sometimes moose or sheep. When I graduated college and moved to Arizona, I literally cried crossing the boarder!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Blue Mountain Outfitters

Unit 10 trophy deer and elk in Northwest Colorado. Guaranteed tags. Call Kent (801) 562-1802

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom