Welcome

Glad to see this forum get started. Headed to San Angelo next week for work. May take a few days to make a run on some gobblers at Twin Buttes reservoir...heard they can be pretty thick in there.

Thanks Founder for adding the Texas forum!!! It'll be good to hear some tall tales and share some hunting info in the Lone Star State. God Bless Texas!

Me too. Not a Texan but hunt and fish there every year. Be nice to share info in another state specific forum.

Phantom Hunter, I bought a pointer bird dog from Phantom Kennels in Abilene you know that place ?
The dog I have is one tough s o b ! Bird finding nut !
I quail hunt north of Abilene south of Post, how's the moisture up your way this spring ?

I didn't draw a tag in New Mexico this draw so will be running my dogs in South Texas and Post area if we can get a decent hatch, I am looking for a spot on a west Tx mule deer lease if anyone hears of anything p.m. me I'll get in touch , thanks....

I think the guy that owns Phantom Kennels is Dan Hendricks, he's got some great English pointer bloodlines in his string, they be "cactus ready" !!

I think the guy that owns Phantom Kennels is Dan Hendricks, he's got some great English pointer bloodlines in his string, they be "cactus ready" !!
Yes, Dan is owner. My son worked for him about 15 years ago when he was a freshman in High School.

Last edited:
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas.” Davy Crockett
We close on a place in Farwell on Friday. I’m done with NM...born and bred, love the mountains, the food, the culture. It’s just become to much with red flag laws, marijuana, and Lujan dictating through this Covid nonsense.

WRC, there went your draw odds. Lol
I went on an axis hunt near Kerrville a few years back and fell in love with that place. Looking to find a winter little getaway in that area.

Meow meow

463EDFCD-68D5-4EE0-A716-423CD138CB9C.jpeg

Great 2020 opening Axis hunt and nice morning with Tyler from WTHO. Got it done within an hour of settin out. Can’t wait to get the grill fired up when I get the call from the processor!

Another Texas Boy From La Grange on Board.. Mainly Hunt Old Mexico If Anyone ever Needs Any Help Down There. Good luck to all this Season

Texas does not have a pref.point sys.for it draw hunts ,If you have 10years worth of apps.you get 10 chances in that draw,foresaw.

Texas does not have a pref.point sys.for it draw hunts ,If you have 10years worth of apps.you get 10 chances in that draw,foresaw.

TPWD calls them loyalty points and they are cubed. You take the number of points you have for any particular category and times is by itself 3 times. So in the case above you had 10 points you would take 10 x 10 x 10 = 1000 points for said category.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Texas Guides & Outfitters

West Texas Hunting

Private land free range hunts for native and exotic game on nearly 1 million acres in west Texas.

Urge 2 Hunt

Deer/Elk tags - DIY or guided for all species. Many guaranteed tags for trophy hunts.

Vargo Hunting

300k acres for free range auodad, mule deer, elk, whitetail and all the Texas exotics.

Back
Top Bottom