Well....that wasn’t there yesterday

Bluehair

Long Time Member
Well, I was out riding around the back 40 today and came across this. It wasn’t there yesterday afternoon. :oops:

So, having only a german shepherd to defend myself with, do you follow it? Move? Tell the internet?:D
EAFA421F-A4AA-456C-AC79-336C7B3255B5.jpeg

Well!

If You Didn't Scent the Place up!

There should be a Meal or two missing off the Carcass by tomorrow!
All I did was touch it to make sure it was warm. It was. :oops:

But there’s lots of calves out there on the ground right now. Poor timing.

Set a couple of #5 bridgers there on 15 foot drags with shock springs on them and be ready for the rodeo.

I hope it's not the neighbor kid.
The neighbor has about 100 calves laying in his field next door. He’s on heightened alert. :)

I haven’t caught a poacher, but I get trespassers pretty much every year anymore. Like this butthole who was sneaking around behind my house.:mad: And is now on the internet.
E9DFD556-04CD-45B5-8E85-66651A2D419A.jpeg

If you had any balls you would lay next to it holding a knife covered in brush and wait for darkness to fall
If my balls were that big, I would leave a drag mark just like that Lion did.;)

The hair on my back and in my ears was standing on end when I was walking up on that deer. Been awhile since I had any hair on my head.

I’m waiting for the sun to come up before I grab my flip flops and sneak out the door.

Hey blue!

I Think that Person Mighta seen your Cam not knowing what it was!

These Trespassing Bastards are a Dime a Dozen!

The neighbor has about 100 calves laying in his field next door. He’s on heightened alert. :)

I haven’t caught a poacher, but I get trespassers pretty much every year anymore. Like this butthole who was sneaking around behind my house.:mad: And is now on the internet. View attachment 36851

Well, the carcass is still there. Something fooled around with it a little last night, but prolly coyotes. I’ll leave the camera on it for a couple more days to see if anything interesting happens.

But the cat’s out of the bag so to speak, so that lion is wise to move on. Tracks looked like a lioness and kitten.

Speaking from experience, I hope I remembered to turn the camera on.

I haven’t caught a poacher, but I get trespassers pretty much every year anymore. Like this butthole who was sneaking around behind my house.:mad: And is now on the internet. View attachment 36851
You a deep old well or hole. It would be perfect for riff raff like this.

JUDAS blue!

When Shhiitt Like that Happens You Kinda gotta Be Sneaky!

HUMAN/TARD Scent STANKS!

Now you're gonna Get Your Ass Chewed For Wasting a Deer!:D

If You'd of Just Stayed Back You'd of Saved a Deer!:D

Now the Lion & Her kitten have gotta Kill another Deer!:D

JUDAS blue!

HUMAN/TARD Scent STANKS!

Think I woulda at least grabbed the backstraps.??

JUDAS blue!

HUMAN/TARD Scent STANKS!

I suppose it depends on your point of view. When the damn thing is a ML shot from my lazy boy, I sorta want it to move along.

And if one hangs around too long, it will attract HOUNDDOGGERS, and who wants that?

I went into those trees back-to-back with my loaded attack dog, who’s hair was standing straight up, makin PLENTY of noise. It’s one of those times you KNOW you’re being watched.

And the buzzards gotta eat too I suppose. One less deer for a ‘tard to run over on their dispensary run. :D But it did scare away all my deer for a month. :(

Nothin Wrong With a HOUNDER there blue!

"""And the buzzards gotta eat too I suppose. One less deer for a ‘tard to run over on their dispensary run."""

LMAO!

Probably Some Truth to that one!:D

I'm Surprised the Yotes Ain't Slicked it Up!

I Think You Mighta OVER-SCENTED the area!:D

I suppose it depends on your point of view. When the damn thing is a ML shot from my lazy boy, I sorta want it to move along.

And if one hangs around too long, it will attract HOUNDDOGGERS, and who wants that?

I went into those trees back-to-back with my loaded attack dog, who’s hair was standing straight up, makin PLENTY of noise. It’s one of those times you KNOW you’re being watched.

And the buzzards gotta eat too I suppose. One less deer for a ‘tard to run over on their dispensary run. :D But it did scare away all my deer for a month. :(

Someday someone needs to tell me what happened to “Hounddawg”. I consider him one of the all-time greatest MM posters. (y)

And Why Would They Scare You 3TOE?

I'd Bet there Ain't Many Times a Lion Attacked a TARD/HUMAN that's been Documented!

Sure It Happens!

But in Small Numbers!

How Many of You Can Honestly Say You've Been Hooked By a Lion?

That’s crazy! Mountain lions are the one critter that scares the hell out of me.

Guy down the road got his ear ripped off. But he’s a hounddogger. And the situation was sorta like getting bit on the hand by a snake. :rolleyes:

I don’t trust the SOB’s at all.

Hey Blue the guy in the picture looked like he was picking magic mushrooms and a freshly plowed field, what you growing up there

If you've ever had a mountain lion crouch down and belly craw towards you from 50 yards you'll know what scared is. That will wake you right up.

And Why Would They Scare You 3TOE?

I'd Bet there Ain't Many Times a Lion Attacked a TARD/HUMAN that's been Documented!

Sure It Happens!

But in Small Numbers!

How Many of You Can Honestly Say You've Been Hooked By a Lion?
I know 2 guys personally that had close calls with them. I’m from back east where WE are the alpha predators. I myself have been surrounded by a pack of coyotes & that didn’t phase me. I killed 2 & wounded 2 more before they all ran off.
I’m scared of mountain lions because in most cases you won’t see them until they are on your back.

Hey Blue I’m watching Into the Grizzly Maze tonight , and was just wondering how your lion is doing

If you've ever had a mountain lion crouch down and belly craw towards you from 50 yards you'll know what scared is. That will wake you right up.
One of my buddies had the same thing happen to him while bow hunting elk in WA. He had one stalking him & shot it at 25 yards. He didn’t recover the lion, but the following weekend he arrowed a second lion & recovered that one. I simply told him that he needed to find a new area to elk hunt. Lol

Small world. That guy occasionally posts on here.

Hey Blue the guy in the picture looked like he was picking magic mushrooms and a freshly plowed field, what you growing up there
Dude was carrying a bow. At least it was archery season.

I haven’t been back to check on things. I saw buzzards in the trees so things are probably starting to liven up back there. The wind may have blown it away though.

That field is the neighbors. Usually beans or sunflowers but it’s due for an alfalfa rotation.

What really makes me mad is I can see that drag mark out of my livingroom window with binoculars. The whole thing happened while I was probably goofing around on the internet.
29E9DE5E-7957-4A65-87C7-ACACD7B1F3C0.jpeg

Blue you have a lot of critters on your place, how many acres do you have. Didn’t you post lion pictures from your place two years ago

I’ve got 2 places. One here on the winter range and one up in the high country. A little over 100 between them. Not really enough to do anything with but still enough to make me a full time maintenance man.

I might go see what’s happening back there today. The wind’s blowing so hard I saw it blow a chicken in a coke bottle yesterday. I’m afraid to leave the house.

I should be able get back into the mountains next week. I love summer. :)

I ain’t much of a lion tracker. Turns out he/she/it came back 3 times, including last night. :oops: I took down the camera when it drug the carcass off last night.

This is about 400-500 yards from my house. Makes you think twice about going outside.

Anyway, here’s a few pics.
5E3FF4DA-DA9F-4201-8D81-5C8A8F2C01BE.jpeg
C2323689-369D-4AA7-96E3-A255DEC49AEB.jpeg
1AE9D5CB-ECDD-4591-8093-DC4746CCC2E9.jpeg
5A3DEC83-9073-453C-B4A4-B98427820429.jpeg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom