West desert tintic

Waterandwoods

Drew rags for west desert tintic. I know it’s not a good spot but it’s what we drew so we’re going make a go of it. Any suggestion on a spot to start looking?

I drew a tag for this area also, I am considering doing this hunt alone without an outfitter but with no prior knowledge of the area I am wondering if this is wise. Would be interested in input from anyone who has put boots on the ground. I am 59 and in decent shape, residing in NY Adirondacks. I have had some experience in Montana. Suggestions please and thanks. Realistically what would be considered a good buck in this area?

I drew a tag for this area also, I am considering doing this hunt alone without an outfitter but with no prior knowledge of the area I am wondering if this is wise. Would be interested in input from anyone who has put boots on the ground. I am 59 and in decent shape, residing in NY Adirondacks. I have had some experience in Montana. Suggestions please and thanks. Realistically what would be considered a good buck in this area?
I would shoot the first three point or better buck if I was you. You guys can feel free to PM me your name and phone number if you want more info.

New to the site but hunting in Utah for quite some time. I've hunted Vernon and before but not Tintic. Can't wait to get out there and hunt. I also drew the cow elk tag for the unit so I may get there sooner than later to hunt and scout.

New to the site but hunting in Utah for quite some time. I've hunted Vernon and before but not Tintic. Can't wait to get out there and hunt. I also drew the cow elk tag for the unit so I may get there sooner than later to hunt and scout.
Did you have any luck in Vernon?

I did. Got there on a Wednesday and patterned a big bodied 4x4 for 3 straight days. Got him on opening day. He was extremely symmetrical. Saw bigger antlered deer but have never seen a barrel bodied muley before.
Congratulations on a good buck. Some day I will get to hunt vernon.

I use all vortex razor. Ten power Binos, 15-45 spotting scope. 6-24 rifle scope. Great glass great warranty.
I've been looking at a set of 15 power binoculars as an alternative to a spotting scope just because I think it will be easier on my eyes over a long. Of time. I am not an experienced Glasser and I'm afraid of dealing with a headache if I use the scope too much. I've got a good Buy located on a set of Zeiss 15x56 Conquest binoculars for $1529.00. I know i can't cover as much country but I think i might last longer with them mounted on a tripod. Not sure i can afford glass and a scope also. I already have a set of 10x Zeiss glass i wear on a harness. Any thoughts? Binos vs. Scope and fatigue etc.

So do you guys do know that you can carry on a private conversation on this site through the PM. That might be a better way to communicate between the two of you. Just sayin.
The tintic is a general area (Vernon is limited entry) Big difference in the amount and quality of deer. I'd follow ridgetop's suggestion and stick with him for information. Good luck

So do you guys do know that you can carry on a private conversation on this site through the PM. That might be a better way to communicate between the two of you. Just sayin.
The tintic is a general area (Vernon is limited entry) Big difference in the amount and quality of deer. I'd follow ridgetop's suggestion and stick with him for information. Good luck
Received, learning as I go.

I’m a little late to the party, if you need areas to check out, let me know. I can give you spots where I’ve spotted deer in the past. Expect low deer numbers and a grind of the hunt. A good buck is achievable if you put in the work.

CF40E617-EDF2-4462-B31B-DC9F961C35C5.jpeg

Just an update and a thanks for the tips. I did hook up with Campjack and we hunted together. The three of us took three three point bucks. We found larger bucks but between patience and time restrictions we were happy with our success and new found friendships. If we draw this tag again we now have a spot of our own to start at. Good luck to the rest of you.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom