West desert/Vernon Map

Wiszard

Long Time Member
So, I've scoured every possible online source I can to try to find a map, other than mytopo.com, of the West Desert/Vernon unit. I'm looking for a forest service map that has all of the names of the canyons and creeks and such. Can anyone help me out with a site that I can order a map? Thanks for the help.

Steve
Worlds Best ebayer
Great transaction, fast payment, A+++++

There's an E-bayer from Viet-Cong selling them for a nominal Fee!

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

Thank you, Foreman, for finally a SERIOUS and respectable answer.

Steve
Worlds Best ebayer

Utah Idaho map supply has a good selection of maps. The one that I find more useful to me in that area is a road atlas. I will have to find it and get the name of it for you, hell if you lived closer to me I would let you use all of the maps I have for this area, notes and all!

I went to their site and couldn't find any maps specific to a certain area. I emailed them and asked if they had a specific map. If either of you are familiar with that site, can you send me a link to the page that has the appropriate map? Oh and, yes, if you'd like to you can go ahead and shoot the deer for me as well! LOL...I figure a comment like that is coming. :)

Shootinfool- I'll probably be heading up there before the muzzy season to scout a bit so I may hit you up for some more info. Thanks again for the help.

Steve
Worlds Best ebayer

the maps that you would want to get are the rush valley map and the lyndell map. There is also part of the unit that shows up on the fish springs map but I would not waste the 30 bucks to buy that map. The utah road atlas breaks all of utah down into little blocks and then each block is blown up and given a full page in the book. This one is the one that I use the most. It seems to have more accurate info, as far as trails and roads and canyon names and such. I will go home and find the specific name of the atlas that I have. It seems to me like it was only like 20 bucks at the map store. All of the other maps are like 30 or something just for the map of the little area. I am more than willing to help ya so dont be shy about asking.

Damnit Man....yes, I'm sure so don't give me any info about the Books that will make me question my decision!! LOL.

I'd appreciate the name of that atlas, shootinfool. And, I won't be bashful to ask for help. :)

Steve
Worlds Best ebayer

Wiz
I had the same problem in 2010 i got the Utah Atlas & Gazetteer by Delorme it has alot of stuff you do not need but it has topo of every area it was very helpful to me in the Vernon area, good luck

Thanks nvbuck....gonna pm you sometime tomorrow. Thanks!

Steve
Worlds Best ebayer

The name of the map that I found to be most helpful is called DeLorme Atlas & Gasetteer, Utah. It is only 19.95 at the utah idaho map supply store here in ogden. Cheaper than the other maps and more handy than the huge map when you are out driving around the unit trying to get to know it. The others I use here at home or back in camp.

Wisz, I have a Utah/Idaho Supply just down the street from my house. If you want to cover the cost of the maps, I can get them for you and "mark them up" a little and ship them to you. Let me know.

Kilo, Oh wise one, thanks for sending me what I need. I will buy the Rush Valley and the Lynndyl maps.

Legacy- I'll send you a pm. Thanks for the help everyone.

Steve
Worlds Best ebayer

Not wound up...just excited to start researching and planning that hunt. I've waited a long time to hunt Utah. I just want to be prepared. The cool thing is that I'm getting a lot of help from guys here. Can't say enough nice things about 'em. Why don't you scout me up some good bucks and I'll say nice things about you, BESS?! :)

Steve
Worlds Best ebayer

Here's the Deal once again Wisz!

I don't know much about Vernon,but I think you'll get some good help from these Guys!

Secondly,I don't help too many Rifle Deer Hunters,I would but the General Hunt(My Coveted PissCutter Hunt!)is the Exact same time as(Your) the LE Deer Hunts!

I'd probably have more fun helping somebody in an LE Rifle Unit than Hunting where I normally Hunt,but I've got Prioities Wisz,never know when I'll find/take my next PISSCUTTER!:D

Best of Luck Wisz,I think You'll do well & think you'll have some help from some of these fellow MM'ers!

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

wis'zard/ got kin cuting wood in the books. been watching two really big bucks. over 30.. will see about pictures. if you buy the wiskey??

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom