Western Muzzle loader advice

970_lly

It's time to pick up a muzzle loader for an upcoming hunt next year. That being said I would like to try to satisfy as many states muzzy laws as possible with this one gun. I'm looking for a lightweight muzzle loader, other than that I just need it to comply with most states laws. I live in CO so that is first and foremost, but I'd like to be able to use it in other states such as Utah, Wyoming, New Mexico, and potentially others if possible. Price isn't a huge issue but I'd like to keep it in the $800-1200 range without optic(yes I know, no optics in CO). Thanks for any advice guys!

I'm not sure but I think if you buy a muzzle loader that's legal to use it Colorado it would be legal in all the other states. Colorado muzzle loader restrictions I think are some of the strictest?

>I'm not sure but I think
>if you buy a muzzle
>loader that's legal to use
>it Colorado it would be
>legal in all the other
>states. Colorado muzzle loader restrictions
>I think are some of
>the strictest?

Yes, as far as I know it?d be legal except for Idaho and maybe California.

You can have sights on the barrel and then you can still put a scope on it. When you are hunting in a state that allows you to hunt with a scope. As I get older. I find that I see a lot better with the help of a scope.

Knight Ultralight muzzleloader in .50 caliber

If you are a vet, they will probably have a special price for you on vets day or close to it.

CVA makes a northwest legal muzz , maybe two different grades I believe- get the nitrade coated one for sure. It fires musket caps. Wa Or and idaho require “open” ignition, loose powder, bore size - no sabots- non jacked projectiles, and no 209. My buddy used one w loose 777 on our CO antelope hunt last fall smoked a nice goat at 160 with using the new pure lead federal bor lok 350 grain. He took it to Idaho after that for elk, no luck. That gun and set up can be used for all states other than maybe PA flintlock season.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom