Western WY Deer hunts during Gen Archery Elk

Danny_Ocean

I drew a GEN tag for elk, this is my first time, most likely the last hunting WY. Any comments on how the GEN deer tags that come into play effect the elk?

Some of the units I'm looking at have GEN deer tags starting on the 15th which is when I plan on being up that way. It doesn't really matter at this point, but I'd be interested to hear your experiences.

Go hunt , where we hunt opens sept 26 for rifle elk and call bulls into archery range then and deer opens the 15th , so might not be the biggest bulls but still doable for sure, good luck and hope to see some results ?

I drew a GEN tag for elk, this is my first time, most likely the last hunting WY. Any comments on how the GEN deer tags that come into play effect the elk?

Some of the units I'm looking at have GEN deer tags starting on the 15th which is when I plan on being up that way. It doesn't really matter at this point, but I'd be interested to hear your experiences.
The number of deer hunters depends on the area you're in.
Traffic is traffic regardless of what they're hunting.
General bear is likely to be open as well.

In my experience where I've hunted over there most of the elk are lower and near the water where as most of the deer hunters are above that and doesn't seem to effect the elk as much but that might just be where I hunt idk also most of the residents will be focused on deer instead of elk that time of year as most people don't pack a bow and a rifle in to hunt

Good to know, thanks. I'm hunting some units that are high, some a big lower. I'm thinking and hoping, it will be nothing compared to CO OTC tag, but we shall see.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom