WGRS - WESTERN PRECISION MUZZLELOADING SET

tyhill7hocmx

Has anyone had any experience with this sight? I put it on my CVA Accura and could not get a zero at even 50 yards because of the limited elevation adjustment. The front sight is the same height as the stock fiber optic and the rear peep is just very short.

It seems to me that the elevation adjustment is the most limiting factor in open sights and there are not many universal fixes to the issue. I was considering the EABCO rear mount hoping that I would get a little more adjustment but not knowing for sure makes me hesitant.

I did see the the high tech answer from gunwerks, but that is out of my league. Are the only answers to rig something up myself, or buy a new gun where there is more adjustment?

The easiest and quickest fix is to shim the rear sight higher. Can use either a thin refrigerator magnet or aluminum soda can for a shim. With either you cut out a rectangular piece the size you need, and drill 2 small holes for the screws, then install under rear sight. With a magnet 1 thickness should do. With soda can, may take 1-2

The easiest and quickest fix is to shim the rear sight higher. Can use either a thin refrigerator magnet or aluminum soda can for a shim. With either you cut out a rectangular piece the size you need, and drill 2 small holes for the screws, then install under rear sight. With a magnet 1 thickness should do. With soda can, may take 1-2

This is something I had thought of but wanted to avoid because the bottom of these sights are not flat, they are round to match the barrel. Trying to get it to like up completely square would be difficult.

You cut a piece a little bit bigger than you need and lay it under the sight so it curves with the sight. Then use something (fine sharpie or knife) To mark the exact dimensions. Then remove and cut to the line you just drew.

One of the big advantages of using the EABCO peep is it's part of a scope mount base. If you switch between a peep and scope it makes it easy. Also, the peep stays on when you mount the scope. So, if you're hunting and drop the rifle or bump it hard enough to mess up the scope. All you have to do is remove the scope and the peep is there to use all sighted in. Pretty handy to keep you hunting.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom