What’s Best?!?!?!? Late season insulated/waterproof boot?

Letshunt

I am looking for any info about what boots any of you have found hold up in cold and wet weather conditions! Thank you in advance!!!

Muck Muckmaster
If you’re walking around the barnyard those will work but in the mountain backcountry? Nope. A good set of hiking boots with enough room for a set of liner socks and a good pair of wool socks over that will handle most conditions. I like to change my socks after noon since they sweat a bit. For severe conditons I’ll put on a pair of Schnee’s Hunter II’s. They are still decent for putting on a few miles. A lot of people will like a good pair of hiking boots with insulation, I didn’t find that to help much for me. I also like to have a second pair of boots along so I can always have a dried out pair to use.

been in the backcountry plenty of times in those boots there great when cold and snow on the ground

been in the backcountry plenty of times in those boots there great when cold and snow on the ground
I’m sure they’re great for steep slippery slopes, sidehills, and carrying out loads of elk deep in the Rockies

I work year round outdoors in Colo and never wear insulated boots. I stay active and buy boots around 1 size larger so I can add thicker padded insoles. I also can relax the laces for a little thicker socks when super cold or tighten laces with thinner socks when warm.

My preference is lighter crispi boots for long hikes like crispi Thors. When I’m in deep snow I wear taller boots like lowa Tibet’s. It’s nice having a selection of boots.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom