What’s your shed collection look like

hawkbill

Very Active Member
1A1ACE0C-B15E-4F14-AE85-3EBB3D008E24.png

Started collecting antlers after I found my first one at 14yrs old. Sold almost all those early ones to my uncle but finally got the chance to do it fulltime after retiring from the military. Hardly ever sell anything now and the majority I have now were found in the last 6 yrs within 20 miles of my home in Idaho.

0217231454.jpg

0217231454a.jpg

0217231454b.jpg

I started to collect antlers when I was 12. At first I keep everything, but packing that many antlers was a hassle in the hills so just kept the big antlers and left the smaller ones in the hills. I have left thousands of antlers in the hills. Started to keep track of the numbers of antlers back in 94, Right now that number is just north of 88 hundred. Know Idea how many antlers I found in the 15 years of antler hunting prior to 94, but in the days of almost no competition and few family and work commitments it is likely that I found at least another 7 to 10 thousand. I need to update my pictures, These are 10 years old.
101_0012.JPG
101_0014.JPG
101_0010.JPG
101_0011.JPG
101_0007.JPG

I started to collect antlers when I was 12. At first I keep everything, but packing that many antlers was a hassle in the hills so just kept the big antlers and left the smaller ones in the hills. I have left thousands of antlers in the hills. Started to keep track of the numbers of antlers back in 94, Right now that number is just north of 88 hundred. Know Idea how many antlers I found in the 15 years of antler hunting prior to 94, but in the days of almost no competition and few family and work commitments it is likely that I found at least another 7 to 10 thousand. I need to update my pictures, These are 10 years old.View attachment 103648View attachment 103649View attachment 103650View attachment 103651View attachment 103652
So fricking cool

571D81AA-B8B4-4083-9324-6EA5B58052F6.jpeg

Antlerradar that’s a great collection, I’d love to see more. Iran into a friend over in Jackson at the antler auction, he was buying some antler. I ask him what he’d done with his collection, he bought a old car dealership to hold the massive collection and last year they layed them all out on the school football field and there was no room left. I’m like you l have been picking antler for 55 years and I don’t haul white horn out.

Couple Giant deadheads in that pile Wyo let's see em!
I'll get some pictures when I get back. Only 1 is a dead head though. One is a set of replicas off a buck that I hunted for 3 years and my cousin ended up killing, another is my 1st big set of deer sheds, and the dark inline buck was a dumpster deer, was on a 1940's mount that was destroyed and the skull cap broke so put it on a mountain mikes.

Couple Giant deadheads in that pile Wyo let's see em!
Finally got to take some pictures. 1st inline 5 was the dumpster buck 213".

2nd buck is "cheaters" hunted him for 3 years. Finally got him figured out and I ended up shooting my big typical on the early rifle so we had my cousin shoot cheaters. He let me have replicas made.

3rd picture was my 1st big set of sheds.

4th is a 2x3 I found dead on the deer hunt. Last picture is reference to show the size of the 2 point.

20230227_142202.jpg

20230227_142229.jpg

20230227_142349.jpg

20230227_142414.jpg

20230227_142518.jpg

2nd buck is "cheaters" hunted him for 3 years. Finally got him figured out and I ended up shooting my big typical on the early rifle so we had my cousin shoot cheaters. He let me have replicas made.

4th is a 2x3 I found dead on the deer hunt. Last picture is reference to show the size of the 2 point.

View attachment 104279

View attachment 104280

View attachment 104281

View attachment 104282

View attachment 104283
That fourth buck is pretty awesome. Gotta clean that guy up. Looked like a elk ragger at first.

That fourth buck is pretty awesome. Gotta clean that guy up. Looked like a elk ragger at first.
I thought when it warmed up I would get it all cleaned up. When I got to the check station to get the tag it was just sitting on a cooler in the bed of my truck and the fish and game didn't really go look at it just could see it from a distance so when he started filling out the tag he was doing it for a raghorn elk haha.

Some awesome pictures!! I've gotten so I enjoy looking for sheds as much or more than I do hunting, especially with a good dog. It gets in your blood.

I know you guys are aware of the money they're worth especially if you have a few " Booners". Even more so if they're exceptional White Tails.
Keep em in a safe secure place. My house got broke into two different times by dirt bags that knew I had some big ones. One guy even had the nerve to call himself a shed hunter. Probably had stolen most of his horns.

Hated to do this but I took pictures of the big ones, had replicas made and got rid of them.

Some awesome pictures!! I've gotten so I enjoy looking for sheds as much or more than I do hunting, especially with a good dog. It gets in your blood.

I know you guys are aware of the money they're worth especially if you have a few " Booners". Even more so if they're exceptional White Tails.
Keep em in a safe secure place. My house got broke into two different times by dirt bags that knew I had some big ones. One guy even had the nerve to call himself a shed hunter. Probably had stolen most of his horns.

Hated to do this but I took pictures of the big ones, had replicas made and got rid of them.
Cameras, guns and more cameras! That sucks about yours getting broke into. Mustve caught the one though?

Cameras, guns and more cameras! That sucks about yours getting broke into. Mustve caught the one though?
No, but actually I ended up finding out who both parties were over the coarse of a few months through a Deputy Sheriff friend of mine. They suspected one of them on another incident. He had stolen horns off a grocery store building and from a local taxidermist.

First theft attempt I had them hidden in an old olive / water barrel away from the house and they never found them. Next time they took a pry bar to my basement door and the wife forgot something on the way out of our driveway and returned home before he got in the house so he also failed. It was in the winter time with snow on the ground. I was in Texas on a pig hunt. Sherriff friend came out and could see where he watched the house till the wife left.

I've got lots of guns but it was kind of in the pre camera days, at least anything I could afford. Early 90's.

I ended up putting a security system in and have continued to do so till today everywhere I've lived.

Still my work required me to be gone at nights 50% of the time and with the wife and daughter home alone and kinda living in the boondocks thing were never the same.

Anybody who's ever had their place broken into knows what I'm talking about. I don't know how to put it but it's like you've been violated some how.

Unfortunately the environment we live in today lends itself even more to thieves than it did back then. No doubt people even lurk sites like this.

Stolen antlers could be pretty hard to prove/identify so you guys with some big ones be careful.

No, but actually I ended up finding out who both parties were over the coarse of a few months through a Deputy Sheriff friend of mine. They suspected one of them on another incident. He had stolen horns off a grocery store building and from a local taxidermist.

First theft attempt I had them hidden in an old olive / water barrel away from the house and they never found them. Next time they took a pry bar to my basement door and the wife forgot something on the way out of our driveway and returned home before he got in the house so he also failed. It was in the winter time with snow on the ground. I was in Texas on a pig hunt. Sherriff friend came out and could see where he watched the house till the wife left.

I've got lots of guns but it was kind of in the pre camera days, at least anything I could afford. Early 90's.

I ended up putting a security system in and have continued to do so till today everywhere I've lived.

Still my work required me to be gone at nights 50% of the time and with the wife and daughter home alone and kinda living in the boondocks thing were never the same.

Anybody who's ever had their place broken into knows what I'm talking about. I don't know how to put it but it's like you've been violated some how.

Unfortunately the environment we live in today lends itself even more to thieves than it did back then. No doubt people even lurk sites like this.

Stolen antlers could be pretty hard to prove/identify so you guys with some big ones be careful.
Glad you atleast found out who they was and have security systems now!

View attachment 104279

View attachment 104280

View attachment 104281

View attachment 104282

View attachment 104283
Who did the reproduction? Split images?

Who did the reproduction? Split images?
His name on instagram is trapperman wildlife studios. My cousin is friends with him. If you didn't know they was reproductions I don't think you'd ever be able to tell. They even weigh the same as the real set.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom