What Bullet should I use????

M

mtyhntr

This will be my first year Muzzleloader Hunting. I won a Knight 50 cal, at the Sportsman for Fish and Wildlife Banquet. I need a good Mule deer Bullet and what powder should I use with it. Any does and don't would be appreciated.

Thanks,

MTYHNTR

MTYHNTR,

I'm a PowerBelt bullet user myself, but it will depend on what works best in your ML. I'm going to email you a file that may help you get started.

I've got a T/C Black Diamond .50 and I use .295 gr Powerbelt and 110 gr Pyrodex RS. I arrived at this configuration after lots of range time. It's really the only way to get it right.

Enjoy!

mtyhntr:Where are you hunting this Season/State?In my KNIGHT 50cal.have had good "Luck" shooting a Speer .45 cal,265grn.H.P.with a Knight sabot.Use pyrodex Select powder and I shoot by "weight"/77grns,This combo has taken 2 Good Muleys in Nevada in the past.With this combo all I change is the Bullet weight,used the 77grns.with a 300 grn Hornady,.45 cal.bullet and took a 6X6 Bull in N.M. a few years back.Both bullet combos have produced 1 shot KILLS.Good luck this Muz. Season---

The black belt bullet is an awsome muley stopper. I shot them out of my A&H muzzle stuffer and they are the most accurate bullet I shot.

I've had great luck in my Knight with both Pyrodex pellets and the new triple 7 powder (100 grains each) shooting the Barnes 180 grain x bullets. With the triple 7 it is supposed to achieve almost 2000 fps and I'm getting very good accuracy.

I use both Powerbelt(348)copper and T/C xtp Sabots and get great results I been using pellets(100gr) but I have been using some Triple-7 and With the above being the same bullet and dsame amount of powder (100gr) my bullets hit about 6" higher at a hundred using the triple-7 I can see the different and feel the different. I wish they had it it in pellet form, but that will not be until next year. Lead powerbelts shoot a little higher at a 100 then copper powerbelts,copper fouls less then lead So I use copper, Cleanup with the Triple-7 is alot easier too you lose alot of the smell and grime your patches come out cleaner using less patches. I use a small sq. bottle filled with Blackpower remover(instead of water) and put that on the cleaning patches during shooting makes cleanup at the end easier. I hope this help ya.

Shedcrazy I can't get through on your yahoo account. Let me know where you want me to send the info.

I have been playing around with some conicals from No Excusses Bullet Manufacturing. They are located in Roy Utah and make a great bullet. I have come up with a load of 130 grains of clear shot pushing a 460 grain conical. Very accurate in my Knight Bighorn. I have not tried it on game yet but it should work well.

Mark

Geez Guys,

What happened to using a 190 grain Round Ball and pour enough FFg
Blackpowder to cover the ball and stuff it down the barrel with a cotton patch?

Tried 180 XTP's with 3fg triple-7 100gr and they are grouping really nice. This just might be the load and sabot. The reason I ordered them was they was cheaper to shoot to break in a new gun, But they are really fast and groups good. Basspro has them at 6.99 a box of 20, Try them they are pretty good, They grouped about the same as 348 powerbelts but they hit a few inches higher with the same load of powder.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom