What Bullets are these?

buckhorn

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON May-31-19 AT 03:52PM (MST)[p]I got some of these muzzleloader 50 caliber bullets from a friend but he doesn't know what kind they are. We shot some and they shoot well and I would like to get some more but don't know what brand to look for. If anyone recognizes them I would really appreciate it if you would let me know.
Thanks
77525b12472344eb54f8e96b51cbf58da1b9f.jpeg

Yes that is them all right.
Have you used them and how do you like them? How do they perform on game?
Thanks

I've tried the Bor Locks a little - they don't shoot as well for me as sabots. I'd give them another shot if I was hunting somewhere you can't shoot sabots.

Good luck with em.

I have shot about 50 of them out to 200 yards, amazingly accurate and easy to load. I'm using a Remington Ultimate and Blackhorn powder. I have only used them once hunting, but worked pretty well on a 275lb boar at 125 yards.

From what I have seen and heard the Remington ultimate really loves these bullets. I tried them and they weren't any better than the Barnes so I'm sticking with my Barnes load in my older model Remington 700 muzzleloader.

Tried the smaller ones, and wasn?t impressed. Went to the 350 gr and with max loads shoot ragged one hole groups out of all 3 of my White Whitetails. Haven?t had a chance to try in my Accura with Blackhiorn 209 yet.

Anyone know if the lead version is pure lead or an alloy. Currently use the Hornady FPB that is an alloy and like it better than pure lead for terminal performance.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Based on the reviews I've read on these bullets the copper ones are much better than lead ones.

Blank
Are the 350 grain bullets you're talking about the federal bore locks? I wasn?t aware there is a 350 grain in that bullet.
If so I would like to give them a try.
They should be legal in Colorado correct?
Thanks

Blank
Thanks for sending that pic and the info on those muzzleloader bullets. I'll look them up and give them a try.

Also, emailed Federal and asked what the lead bullets were composed of, and they told me they are a lead alloy, not pure lead. A BIG plus in my book as I have had good luck with FPBs in 350 gr (also a lead alloy).

Prob worth a look see on the 350 lead ones.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Hornady has discontinued the copper 50cal 300gr FPB bullets. They shoot real well in my LHR 50cal Muzzleloader. Hornady makes a plastic sleeve type tool to make them easier to load but they load just fine in my LHR.
After looking at this post I checked my supply of FPBs and had 2 packs left, went online and most sellers they are discontinued. Looked at Cabela's and Sportsmans WH in Grand Junction today and at Cabela's they were 19.99 and at Sportsman's WH 14.99 so I picked up another 3 packs. So if anyone is looking for them this is were I found some.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom