what compound bow do you shoot ?

80# limbs cranked down as far as they can be giving me about a 84# draw and the draw length all the way out on my E35, so 31 1/2” ish. It takes all of that to get there
Quite impressive, my friend! I'm at 76lbs on my Matthews with a 29" draw. Works quite well for me

I just picked up an elite ritual 70 lb. Never drawn back I was told. Still had tags on it. I'll get it to a bow shop to get a peep tied in and tuned soon and see how it does.

Hoyt rx-1 and a hoyt rx-5 set them up about the same to have backup bow, don’t think I will need to get a new one for some years, great shooting archery rig

Finally decided to move on from my E35. Just ordered a Mathew’s atlas, 75# mods, 33 1/2 draw. Crazy smooth draw and may be the quietest bow I’ve shot. Mine should show up by end of may. Be a fun summer getting it ready
I'll bet you lunch at Golden Corral you'll be back to your E35.

I'll bet you lunch at Golden Corral you'll be back to your E35.
I love that E35 more than any bow Ive ever owned. Won’t be getting rid of that for sure. But now, after shooting my true draw length for the first time in my life, shooting it now actually feels short. Never felt that before because 30” is what I learned to shoot on. When I got that E35 at 31” it felt awesome. Now shooting at nearly 34” I’m like “oh…that’s what it’s supposed to feel like….”

If elite ever builds a long draw I’ll be going right back to them

I love that E35 more than any bow Ive ever owned. Won’t be getting rid of that for sure. But now, after shooting my true draw length for the first time in my life, shooting it now actually feels short. Never felt that before because 30” is what I learned to shoot on. When I got that E35 at 31” it felt awesome. Now shooting at nearly 34” I’m like “oh…that’s what it’s supposed to feel like….”

If elite ever builds a long draw I’ll be going right back to them
Sounds good Greg Ostertag....

Must be a bud light drinker thing. I don’t get it. But good for you and your pride movement
Greg is 7' 2" 300lb basketball player who played for the Utah Jazz in the National Basketball Association (NBA) if you haven't heard of it. He likes to bowhunt and had to have Hoyt (bow manufacture in SLC) SLC is short for Salt Lake City which is a large town in Utah (state) a custom bow because his draw length was so long. It wasn't a dig towards you, Greg's killed some nice animals. I hope you enjoy your new bow. Those E35's are butter. You must either be 7'+ tall or have arms that drag to the floor! Incredible draw length.

Oh. Yeah only sport I know anything about is hockey, my bad. I’m 6’5” but have gorilla arms. I can’t imagine how big of a bow a guy like that would need

And since we’re spelling things out. In case you haven’t heard of it Hockey is a sport full of actual men who play hurt, don’t flop and cry ( like basketball players) punch each other in the face to settle disputes and refuse to wear rainbow jerseys. But I bet the nba is cool too…

And since we’re spelling things out. In case you haven’t heard of it Hockey is a sport full of actual men who play hurt, don’t flop and cry ( like basketball players) punch each other in the face to settle disputes and refuse to wear rainbow jerseys. But I bet the nba is cool too…
I hold a record in hockey, I took my skate off and tried to stab a guy....that's why I took up golf.

I hold a record in hockey, I took my skate off and tried to stab a guy....that's why I took up golf.
Somehow I can't picture how you walking around on the Fairways dressed in the required golf attire with a 9 iron in your hands could be any safer than when you were playing goalie on the ice rink with your ice skate off!! :eek:

Told you I wouldn't make anymore carrot cake jokes.

Mathews V3 31. I shoot the same bow for 8-10 years and then switch. I've the SQ2, Switchback, Creed and now the V3. They have all been solid bows but I do know there is a lot of good choices out there.

Hoyt RX4, 500gr arrow, It's killed 3 bulls and an Antelope since I got it 3 years ago. Just put a fresh set of strings on it last week.
8F0061E9-7310-441C-AA0D-DB90BC22B6B0.jpeg

I just purchased a Hoyt vtm 34, I just finished my arrow backstop in my backyard yesterday and I can’t wait to get it dialed in. I’m on a quarter acre so I’m only limited to about 35 yards, but I’m satisfied with how it turned out. Duel horse panels from IFA and pressure treated 4x4s.

IMG_9499.jpeg

IMG_9495.jpeg

IMG_9477.jpeg

IMG_9494.jpeg

Last edited:
I just picked up a new 22 PSE Carbon Levitate with the EC cams. It's kind of a crazy setup for me. The EC cam goes from 27.5 to something like 33" and I ran it at 27 1/2 to 28" and 60 lbs on a 70 lbs bow.

It goes against all my biases when it comes to bow setup. Normally I believed I would want a to be at the max poundage, longest end of the draw length range and a 7" brace of any bow I would purchase for accuracy. I shot it back and forth against the Mach 34 with the EC2 cam for about 1/2 hour. Again, surprisingly it had a firmer wall and was absolutely dead and I liked it better than the Mach 34. Go figure !!!

Getting my Black Gold sight, Vapor Trail rest and Tightspot quiver sorted was a 5 minute job and shot this for the very first group with all my gear on it. Even a bare shaft right in there !!!

This thing is a tack driver to say the least and for anyone with shorter draw length and wants to be lower in the poundage range the PSE Levitate with the EC cams works incredibly well setup that way. Shot a 409 grain arrow at 276 fps at 27.5" 60 lbs draw.

With three gen elk tags and a gen archery deer tag this year, I'm going to be giving it and myself a run for our money !!!

Cheers, Pete

IMG_5068.JPG

Last edited:
Hoyt Nitrum Turbo 28/60 and Elite GT500 28.5/80.

One will be for sale soon. Looking to buy a newer Elite...not new though. New bow's are just to freaking expensive...and just bought a new Bergara B14 wilderness Carbon and new Vortex scope (about $2,800).
Hoyt_Bow.jpg

GT500_Bow.jpg

I just purchased a Hoyt vtm 34, I just finished my arrow backstop in my backyard yesterday and I can’t wait to get it dialed in. I’m on a quarter acre so I’m only limited to about 35 yards, but I’m satisfied with how it turned out. Duel horse panels from IFA and pressure treated 4x4s.

View attachment 110748

View attachment 110749

View attachment 110750

View attachment 110751
Are those black panels intended to serve as a backstop when you miss? I looked online and found these from IFA, but they appear to be just a thin mesh tarp. I'm looking to build something similar for a back stop but want something that will stop the arrow so I don't lose it in my wooden fence.

Since the builder hasn't been on here since June, this may be a long shot reaching him. But does anyone else know the answer to my question?

Thanks.

Are those black panels intended to serve as a backstop when you miss? I looked online and found these from IFA, but they appear to be just a thin mesh tarp. I'm looking to build something similar for a back stop but want something that will stop the arrow so I don't lose it in my wooden fence.

Since the builder hasn't been on here since June, this may be a long shot reaching him. But does anyone else know the answer to my question?

Thanks.

I'm sure those a horse stall mats but I could be wrong. Doubt you will here from Dahl star since he has 4 posts LOL...

I have 2 of these..

Was walking through Home Depot today and saw this. It is truly a sign that I NEED to update my back yard range! :D :D

IMG_E3822[1].JPG

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom