what compound bow do you shoot ?

Still shooting my elite E35 from 2015. Funny to think it’s an “old model” now. But it shoots bullet holes still. 80# limbs and out as far as it will go with a 31 1/2” draw. It’s actually about an 1 1/2” too short for me still but I learned to shoot back when 30”was as long as you could get. I think next year I’ll buy either the Hoyt or the bow tech long draw models

Still shooting my elite E35 from 2015. Funny to think it’s an “old model” now. But it shoots bullet holes still. 80# limbs and out as far as it will go with a 31 1/2” draw. It’s actually about an 1 1/2” too short for me still but I learned to shoot back when 30”was as long as you could get. I think next year I’ll buy either the Hoyt or the bow tech long draw models
Dang jpickett 80 pounds . Man you must be a tough guy Are you over 6 foot ?

I’m 6’5” but drawing a bow really has nothing to do with strength, I guess not nothing but it’s mechanics that draws a bow. Reason for the 80# limbs is just purpose built to elk hunt. Couple that with my draw length and I can get a 526 gr arrow gong 300fps. Haven’t found a bull yet it doesn’t work on

Hoyt Carbon Defiant. Back-up is a BowTech Invasion. Recurve is a custom Brackenbury takedown.

Old Matthews solocam - lol.

Still puts it where I like it. Bought my son a new Hoyt this year on Father’s Day that was grand , and my daughter Mission as she adjusts should be nice:

Just started shooting again with my daughter and son taking up archery.

Good luck this season all.

Started with a Wing Nighthawk…built a Jennings model K kit bow which
i took my first elk with. Moved to a Golden Eagle and then spent 20 years away from archery. Now I have a new VXR 31 and I’m excited for Sept 2

I've bought 4 new bows and every time I go back to the lowly Bowtech Carbon Knight. For some reason at my draw length of 28" and 64 lbs it shoots a 385 grain arrow 285 fps which is 6 - 12 fps faster than any of the newer flagship bows with a 6.5" - 7" brace height I've bought and sold since. Just can't go to the speed bows with super short brace heights as they are tough to get to shoot the longer distances for 3D's and stump shooting.

Just bought a new Solution SS and again it's about 8 fps slower than the carbon knight at the same settings and arrow. It's an epic bow to shoot though, so I'm keeping it. Super Smooth is no joke with this thing to say the least.

Cheers, Pete

Elite Impulse 34 and Elite Energy 35. With the modern bows having such short ATA lengths a mechanical release is the best way to go. I've shot several different releases but currently shoot a dual caliper release from GKF.

Upgraded my 11 year old High Country X10 to a Mathews V3 this year. Love the v3 but that old HC wasn’t too far behind today’s bows.

I shoot a Mathews Triax. I love the little bow, but it’s a bit on the heavy side.

Here's my release I got at the pawn shop Scott jaws

IMG_20210816_094651_01.jpg

IMG_20210816_095101_01.jpg

IMG_20210816_093714_01.jpg

IMG_20210816_093758_01.jpg

I’ll be there one guy here with an APA mamba 32 TF…

Advertising and marketing hype works for the rest of the companies.

I used to have a Mathews Switchback but that thing was heavy as all get out compared to the PSE I had. Has Mathews fixed or changed their weight issues? I never understood why they'd make a bow so heavy. I've been out of archery for 10 years or so but now that I like elk hunting, I may take it up again.

Here's one for you - Champion, Buck, set at 58#! I've only used it for whitetail. Still shoots like this so I can't complain. But, when I draw my AZ elk tag, it'll be time for an upgrade!!

Oh, practicing at 50 yards makes a 30 yard shot much easier. :)

Arrow Group.JPG

Hoyt carbon spyder Fx 27” draw 72 lb Montana black gold custom sight, QAD drop away rest, options equivalizer quiver and spott Hog wise guy release! Love this thing it’s a shooter!!
Did you just arrow a bull with a Montana mule deer decoy attached to your bow? Epic! lol

PSE Drive 3B. My recurve is a Browning Cobra I. The recurve I've been shooting since 1974. Sill have my first Compound, Bear Whitetail, but no longer shoot, although its all there in working condition.

I've bought 4 new bows and every time I go back to the lowly Bowtech Carbon Knight. For some reason at my draw length of 28" and 64 lbs it shoots a 385 grain arrow 285 fps which is 6 - 12 fps faster than any of the newer flagship bows with a 6.5" - 7" brace height I've bought and sold since. Just can't go to the speed bows with super short brace heights as they are tough to get to shoot the longer distances for 3D's and stump shooting.

Just bought a new Solution SS and again it's about 8 fps slower than the carbon knight at the same settings and arrow. It's an epic bow to shoot though, so I'm keeping it. Super Smooth is no joke with this thing to say the least.

Cheers, Pete
The Carbon Knight is Sweet, it's my back up bow in case I do something stupid and brake my Matthews .

I still shoot my Elite Answer. I have a Matthews Halon 32, but it stays home and I hunt with the Elite Answer.

I was in the bow shot the other day and take crap every time I bring in this old bow. Seems they want me to upgrade! :)

I did make the mistake of shooting the new Phase4 while I was there. It WAS impressive, and at least has me considering something new.

Bill

I own a Mathews Triax & just purchased the new Phase 4. I have only shot the Phase 4 a dozen or shots, but so far I’m happy with it.

I’m shooting a V3X 33. Absolutely love that bow. Holds steady and shoots smooth.

I also have a rattle canned elite synergy I haven’t been able to part with as my backup bow and still shoot it from time to time.

Finally decided to move on from my E35. Just ordered a Mathew’s atlas, 75# mods, 33 1/2 draw. Crazy smooth draw and may be the quietest bow I’ve shot. Mine should show up by end of may. Be a fun summer getting it ready

Finally decided to move on from my E35. Just ordered a Mathew’s atlas, 75# mods, 33 1/2 draw. Crazy smooth draw and may be the quietest bow I’ve shot. Mine should show up by end of may. Be a fun summer getting it ready
Holy hell you must be a big boy. 33 1/2 draw is up there. Bet you get insane speeds.

Holy hell you must be a big boy. 33 1/2 draw is up there. Bet you get insane speeds.
We’ll see. Should be fast but I’m also shooting a 200 spine full length arrow. Don’t even have to cut them at that draw.

I like speed but I build my bows for kinetic energy ( built for elk) my current bow is shooting a 526gr arrow around 300fps with 80# limbs. 100 pounds of kinetic energy on that one. Bull last year was 72 yards with a full pass through. Really looking forward to see what this one does

We’ll see. Should be fast but I’m also shooting a 200 spine full length arrow. Don’t even have to cut them at that draw.

I like speed but I build my bows for kinetic energy ( built for elk) my current bow is shooting a 526gr arrow around 300fps with 80# limbs. 100 pounds of kinetic energy on that one. Bull last year was 72 yards with a full pass through. Really looking forward to see what this one does
Yeah a 500 grain arrow moving 300fps is spitting them out there. That's definitely the benefits of the long draw, you can stay fast and still be fairly heavy. 100 Ke is awesome.

Damn. 500 grains at 300fps. I was happy when I chrono'd my 500 grains at 280fps.

I agree with the 80% let-off for that setup. I tried 85% once and it almost seemed like I had to push the string forward just to draw down. Very odd feeling

Damn. 500 grains at 300fps. I was happy when I chrono'd my 500 grains at 280fps.

I agree with the 80% let-off for that setup. I tried 85% once and it almost seemed like I had to push the string forward just to draw down. Very odd feeling
80# limbs cranked down as far as they can be giving me about a 84# draw and the draw length all the way out on my E35, so 31 1/2” ish. It takes all of that to get there

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom