What did you trade for hunting?

hossblur

Long Time Member
As I was standing in line to ride Pirates of Caribean last night getting pounded by rain, I wondered what other dudes "trade" for more hunting time.

From the party of HUNTIN, FISHIN, PUBLIC LAND.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-30-18 AT 12:53PM (MST)[p]My family has only been to Disney World once. We loved it!

I hope you have fun, also just because you can do it, if you are at world you can book a bass fishing charter/guide in the park. Get up early while everyone else sleeps in and go catch some great bass.

A wife. Now I get to hunt all I want without feedback. Life is good!

#livelikezac

>A wife. Now I get to
>hunt all I want without
>feedback. Life is good!
>
>
>
>#livelikezac

That made me laugh, probably too much.

Standing here with my Organic Elk T shirt, and black ovis hat. I get perverse joy out of the looks.
From the party of HUNTIN, FISHIN, PUBLIC LAND.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-30-18 AT 09:58AM (MST)[p]Wine festival in Grand Junction right slam in the middle of the elk rut...

Looks like next year as well...

I hate wine.

I took her hunting. She killed a bigger one than me. So when she goes to complain about me hunting more I point at her buck on the wall.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

>>Ain't no tradin' at my homestead...I
>>just do it...
>
>
>Yep. mtmuley

I learned a long time ago that only one of us is going to be happy, so it might as well be me.

August 29, 1992 is when we got hitched which so happened to be the final application date for Iowa draws. Got so wrapped up in the wedding I missed the draw deadline. Since then she has not questioned any of my hunts rather she has been encouraging to go explore. To date that is the only year I have not hunted big game.

"Courage is being scared to death but
saddling up anyway."

This thread is cracking me up. Our first date was scouting for archery antelope. I was young and broke but had a bow and a pick up. She has killed 5 deer now including 3 with a bow. We have 5 boys and now she knows it is the lifestyle. Need her to draw a really good tag and get her back out with me soon.

>This thread is cracking me up.
> Our first date was
>scouting for archery antelope. I
>was young and broke but
>had a bow and a
>pick up. She has
>killed 5 deer now including
>3 with a bow.
>We have 5 boys and
>now she knows it is
>the lifestyle. Need her to
>draw a really good tag
>and get her back out
>with me soon.

No offense, but alone time away from the wife is good. I'm glad mine doesn't hunt. Don't mean I love her any less. mtmuley

None taken. She hasn't hunted in 4 years. Every now and again she needs a reminder on what it means to spend time in the mountains.

My daughters high school volleyball, basketball and softball games. She still had time to shoot a buck this year. Which was nice, took the pressure off.

I traded nothing, but I did give up Duck and goose hunting about 30 years ago. I gave up most upland bird hunting about 25 years ago. Deer and antelope are rare around our place anymore. I don't expect to go hunting or fishing every night after work like I did for the first 10 years of our marriage. Tomorrow is my wife and my 36th anniversary and I am glad for everything I traded or give up for my wife and family. What I haven't given up or traded for is elk hunting. We have had three hunts so far this year for a total of 13 days away from home with one more youth cow hunt to go. I made a poster today that has the last 23 elk the boys and I have harvested over the last 6 seasons. Tons of memories on that poster. I would trade all of them for my family. Life is good when you still get to do what you want. Life is good for me.

DZ

I broke in my spouse early on. We got married on a Sat. and spent that night in nice hotel after going bowling nearby. Sunday, we had brunch and went home because she had to be back to work Mon. a.m.

Me?

I played hooky from two days at college and took off with a buddy to hunt deer in the Adirondacks for two days.

And so it has gone the entire time we've been together. She never questioned me or demanded anything in return when I took off hunting or fishing. And early on, she even joined me a few times, though we had three youngins to raise, all born the first five years we were married. Later, some outings became family affairs, especially fishing and camping.

On Oct. 15 this year, we celebrated 10 happy years of wedded bliss, which isn't too bad since we have actually been married for 56 years now. LOL

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

I was gone 27 days this fall hunting so I took her and the dogs with me for a week and she had a great time.

Also a lot of ass kissing goes a long way LOL

"A wife. Now I get to hunt all I want without feedback. Life is good!"

I guess I have my cake and eat it too. I treat her well and take her places she wants to the rest of the year, and she has never complained about my hunting. Best of both worlds.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom