What do you think these lope score?

iowacity

Lope 1

2064C73F-5B03-4FC2-8DE4-2C3DBD911F85.jpeg

8C453321-2DC7-44C8-8D95-9085037958DE.jpeg

I killed one very similar to “high prongs” a few years ago, only he was one size bigger. He scored 79”. I would guess that he is probably 70ish”. #1 is definitely the best scoring of the bunch. I’ve killed a bunch of them over the years and anymore I focus more on what strikes my fancy the day I’m hunting and less on trying to squeeze an en extra inch or two out of them. I’ll be hunting speed goats again this year and anything like I #1 would get my trigger finger really itchy.

Last edited:
I’m guessing 68 on high prongs and mr mass. I’ll post more pictures as this goes, figured this was fun guessing the scores. We call the first one Big Ed and he is our favorite right now.

I killed one very similar to “high prongs” a few years ago, only he was one size bigger. He scored 79”. I would guess that he is probably 70ish”. #1 is definitely the best scoring of the bunch. I’ve killed a bunch of them over the years and anymore I focus more on what strikes my fancy the day I’m hunting and less on trying to squeeze an en extra inch or two out of them. I’ll be hunting speed goats again this year and anything like I #1 would get my trigger finger really itchy.

I killed a high-prong buck like yours just last year and it scored right at 79 also!

Zeke

I can’t quite get to 80 on them. But they are sure pretty and unique in their own ways. My favorite is the 2nd buck. Better mass than you’d think and decent length. He will knock on the door of 80 inches
Awesome choices to make. I’m jealous

ZEKE I like your little friend. Looks like it can reach out there and be quiet too. Nice speed goat

Although I am not good at scoring, the first 2 bucks are great looking bucks. You have a lot to choose from and I always feel that what ever you are pleased with as the hunter, you should go after. What state you hunting in?

Zeke you need a longer gun!!! ahahah I think with an honest tape the 1 goes 79 ish and 2. 75 ish BC scoring had some really dumb ways to score the high prong low prong thing is the dumbest in my view two above and two below simple...that's what I am done with their scoring I am much more turned into the cool factor of the animal....and how if came about than and tape measurements anymore...other than basic bracketing

Zeke you need a longer gun!!! ahahah I think with an honest tape the 1 goes 79 ish and 2. 75 ish BC scoring had some really dumb ways to score the high prong low prong thing is the dumbest in my view two above and two below simple...that's what I am done with their scoring I am much more turned into the cool factor of the animal....and how if came about than and tape measurements anymore...other than basic bracketing

I’m building one that’s 2” longer than the one pictured.

I’m jealous of those who have buck pronghorn tags this year and pleased with the fine trophies they’re finding. Good work!

Zeke

This one lh oks like it has potential. I spent all day out yesterday over the waterhole to get a better look. He never showed up.

BF58A218-D43E-4135-9D58-E46C7DAA787E.jpeg

CFE0D2C4-0E92-4DB7-A1BD-47C36E3BBFD7.jpeg

EFA01AA1-3DEB-4E7C-8960-B3FECE3E5B4D.jpeg

He looks like he's got mass! but I cannot make out what the prong is like.

The experts (I'm not one) will tell you that mass and prong length is important to score.... if that's important to you.

I say shoot the one that trips your trigger and never apologize. You're seeing some great bucks!

Zeke

Iowacity,

you need to give some serious thought about killing that buck. He doesn't have giant prongs but he does have giant mass and length. I think it is highly likely he would break 80 and maybe even book. just kind of depends how he finishes on top. Prongs will score longer than you would think because of all the mass. If you go back out looking for him I would be looking for him to be alone. Good luck.

So far this is our favorite lope we have put glass on. We haven’t been able to locate the lope #1. We think he was taken during the archery season. Another buck in the group had an arrow wound through his back that he survived. What do you think this guy would score?

BF8F57CE-FA79-438D-A45A-F8C36C5983BD.jpeg

F9E59FFA-1FAE-442A-8291-1106A440C7AF.jpeg

DBD8EC3A-0534-4628-BE0E-90C7EA351FF7.jpeg

B4A60365-BF14-44B6-9DD3-6F6FEFAC8DBB.jpeg

AC34B1C5-EDF8-49ED-8118-8614C5A6598A.jpeg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom